Mailing List Archive

conserver 7.2.0 is available
7.2.0 is finally ready! Not much has changed since 7.2.0-beta3 (a good
thing, really) but a heck of a lot has changed since 7.1.4. I highly
suggest folks upgrade - the ability to send a HUP and reconfigure
conserver without kicking off all your clients can be a great asset
(according to my inner-circle of friends who are also users/testers).

Here's the complete list of changes since 7.1.4. I hope everyone
enjoys new the features.

version 7.2.0 (Mar 12, 2002):
- check for valid baud rates (invalid resulted in '0') -
reported by Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
- a broadcast messages to others on your console can now be
sent via ^Ecb

version 7.2.0-beta3 (Feb 25, 2002):
- allow for 57600 and 115200 baud rates - patch by Andreas
Wrede <andreas@planix.com>
- TCP traffic now escaped according to Telnet protocol
- the highly desired dynamic reconfiguration of conserver is
here! the HUP signal now triggers a read of the
configuration file and adjustment of consoles
- configure flags shown in -V output

version 7.2.0-beta2 (Feb 14, 2002):
- new -W client option for showing who's attached to a single
conserver master - suggested by Dave Stuit <djs@gnac.com>
- maxfiles() clashes with HP-UX 11 'maxfiles' variable - patch
by Adam Morris <AMorris@providence.org>
- removed use of socklen_t type for better compatibility
- removed TELCMD/TELOPT use for compatibility

version 7.2.0-beta1 (Jan 29, 2002):
- static structures and strings are now dynamic in server
- MAXGRP (--with-maxgrp) has been removed as it's now dynamic
- new -m server option for setting the maximum consoles per
process - the default is still set with --with-maxmemb
- new -i client option (and ^Eci) that displays console
information in a machine-parseable format
- two debug levels (second level by using two -D options)
- ANSI prototypes and definitions (when available)

Bryan Stansell