Mailing List Archive

conserver-8.1.17 is available
After an incredibly long delay, version 8.1.17 is finally out. Sorry
for both the length of time and any missing features I may have promised
an individual. These are the patches and fixes (mostly very recent
activity) that I could pull together.

If you have a patch that I've overlooked, please send it to me again.
There are one or two features I haven't implemented that I've been
thinking about, but for consistency, I'd love to have an email
reinforcing the desire for any missing features as well.

The bottom line is that over the last year or so, my tracking of these
things has fallen apart (for personal reasons). But things are getting
back on track now and I need a little help knowing what's still
important to folks.

Thanks!

version 8.1.17 (Sep 29, 2009):
- fix for interface detection when HAVE_SA_LEN is defined - first
detected on NetBSD 5.0 and patched by Chris Ross
<cross+conserver@distal.com>
- first person to connect to a console wanting read/write now gets it
once the active user drops read/write - suggested by Thomas Gardner
<tmg@pobox.com>
- fix typo when setting nonblocking socket for client connections,
fixing stall issues - patch by Eric Biederman
<ebiederm@aristanetworks.com>
- GSS-API patch (--with-gssapi) to help with Kerberos tokens - patch by
Nate Straz <nstraz@redhat.com>
- authenticate username without @REALM when using GSS-API
(--with-striprealm) - based on patch by Andras Horvath
<Andras.Horvath@cern.ch>
- various contrib/redhat-rpm fixes - patch by Fabien Wernli
<wernli@in2p3.fr>
- fix handling of read(stdin) returning -1 in console client - patch by
Ed Swierk <eswierk@arastra.com>

Bryan Stansell