Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] about ClamAV 0.103.8, 0.105.2 and 1.0.1 patch versions published
Hello.

I have question.

Does the information in the following URL affect even if the NAS file
system is BTRFS?
Will it be affected even if the client uses HFS or dmg?
https://blog.clamav.net/2023/02/clamav-01038-01052-and-101-patch.html
Re: [clamav-users] about ClamAV 0.103.8, 0.105.2 and 1.0.1 patch versions published [ In reply to ]
On 28.02.23 12:41, takahiro suzuki via clamav-users wrote:
>Does the information in the following URL affect even if the NAS file
>system is BTRFS?

since the patches only mengion DMS files and HFS+ files, I don't see any
reason they should affect BTRFS filesystems.

>Will it be affected even if the client uses HFS or dmg?
>https://blog.clamav.net/2023/02/clamav-01038-01052-and-101-patch.html

It does not matter what the client uses. ClamAV fill scan files as you pass
them to ClamAV.

ClamAV can scan filesystem images, unpack those filesystem images and scan
files within those filesystems.

This is where bugs were fixed - those images were parsed incorrectly which
causes the mentioned bugs.

REALITY.SYS corrupted. Press any key to reboot Universe.

Re: [clamav-users] about ClamAV 0.103.8, 0.105.2 and 1.0.1 patch versions published [ In reply to ]
Matus is correct. The issue has nothing to do with what your file system is. It has to do with scanning archives that use the HFS+ filesystem. Specifically, HFS+ is commonly used in DMG archives.

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.