Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] freshclam: Verification: Can't verify database integrity
Hello,

> It's a Debian issue. I haven't figured it out yet as nothing changed that seems like a likely source. In the meantime, the 0.103.7 package in Stable works on Testing/Unstable, so you can use that

The problem seems to be caused by `libtfm1` library, more percisely v0.13, or anything before 0.13.1-1.
Upgrading that fixes the issue.

As a sidenote: the mirror network happily block freshclam for a day due to rate limiting,
no matter what's in the freshclam config. It is rather hard to resolve since it is
not possible to download the database files manually anymore (I had to realise that
the hard way.)

Re: [clamav-users] freshclam: Verification: Can't verify database integrity [ In reply to ]

On 06.02.23 16:00, grin via clamav-users wrote:
>The problem seems to be caused by `libtfm1` library, more percisely v0.13,
>or anything before 0.13.1-1. Upgrading that fixes the issue.

good to know.

>As a sidenote: the mirror network happily block freshclam for a day due to rate limiting,
>no matter what's in the freshclam config. It is rather hard to resolve since it is
>not possible to download the database files manually anymore (I had to realise that
>the hard way.)

don't you run multiple clients behind the same IP address?
If so, set up private mirror. The clamav network was abused by multiple
clients downloading whole databases too often, so quite drastic measures
were set up.

>I'm not subscribed but maybe mods will let this through:

sending private copy.

Posli tento mail 100 svojim znamim - nech vidia aky si idiot
Send this email to 100 your friends - let them see what an idiot you are

Re: [clamav-users] freshclam: Verification: Can't verify database integrity [ In reply to ]
Ahoj,

On Mon, Feb 6, 2023 at 4:49 PM Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:

> >As a sidenote: the mirror network happily block freshclam for a day due to rate limiting,
> >no matter what's in the freshclam config. It is rather hard to resolve since it is
> >not possible to download the database files manually anymore (I had to realise that
> >the hard way.)
>
> don't you run multiple clients behind the same IP address?

Nope. (Not one the machine in question anyway.) But frashclam tried to
access the default list of mirrors, which is 5-6 calls per 10 minutes
or about.

> If so, set up private mirror.

Indeed, on the _other_ systems I'll do that before upgrading, already
checked that it works well.

> The clamav network was abused by multiple clients downloading whole databases too often, so quite drastic measures were set up.

I guessed but there could be a captcha-protected manual download to
ease the pain.
I have cvdupdate'd it, but took some time to find the tool.

Thanks,
Peter