Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] ppa for ClamAV for Ubuntu 22.04.1
does everyone know, if exists an ppa to install always the current stable version of ClamAV for Ubuntu 22.04.1?
The Ubuntu releases are so slow ...

Re: [clamav-users] [ext] ppa for ClamAV for Ubuntu 22.04.1 [ In reply to ]
* newcomer01 via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>:
> does everyone know, if exists an ppa to install always the current stable version of ClamAV for Ubuntu 22.04.1?
> The Ubuntu releases are so slow ...

I use the official releases (installing them over the Ubunt clamav) and then use this script to map the binaries:

#!/bin/sh

rm /usr/bin/freshclam
ln -s /usr/local/bin/freshclam /usr/bin/freshclam

rm /usr/local/etc/freshclam.conf
ln -s /etc/clamav/freshclam.conf /usr/local/etc/freshclam.conf

rm /usr/sbin/clamd
ln -s /usr/local/sbin/clamd /usr/sbin/clamd

rm /usr/local/etc/clamd.conf
ln -s /etc/clamav/clamd.conf /usr/local/etc/clamd.conf

service clamav-freshclam restart
service clamav-daemon restart

--
Ralf Hildebrandt