Mailing List Archive

Re: [clamav-users] [Clamav-devel] Second ClamAV 1.0.0 release candidate AND updated packages for 0.105.1
I thought there was an issue with v1.0 rc2, as a comparison with a previous installation (0.104.1) on the same machine showed massively increased scan times. After about an hour of digging and laboriously comparing output from clamscan --debug, as well as the man pages and clamd.conf, I finally realised the max file size has increased.

Comments in the clamd.conf file says the default MaxFileSize is now 100MB (up from 25MB in 0.104.1), and it looks like there's been a corresponding increase in clamscan as well. Adding `--max-filesize=25M` on the command line brings scan times back to previous values.

There's no mention of the change to the maximum file size in the man pages for either clamd clamd.conf or clamscan.

Mark