affecting many users - final lines of output are below -

|Downloading database patch # 26577...|

|Time:    0.1s, ETA:    0.0s [========================>]   15.21KiB/15.21KiB|

|Testing database: '/var/lib/clamav/tmp.36a55ab0c3/clamav-91abc2838c6f6baf854e8435b4a18fd5.tmp-daily.cld' ...|

|copying response body from Docker: unexpected EOF|

Please advise?

Kind regards,

Sam Smith
Re: [clamav-users] Critical Bug Report - Docker Image Crashing [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Mon, 20 Jun 2022, Sam Smith wrote:

> Good morning, I am using the standard Docker image for a client. This
> morning's anti-virus update is crashing Docker during update. I re-downloaded
> the image, and re-ran the process. I assume this is affecting many users -
> final lines of output are below -
>
> |Downloading database patch # 26577...|
>
> |Time:    0.1s, ETA:    0.0s [========================>]   15.21KiB/15.21KiB|
>
> |Testing database: '/var/lib/clamav/tmp.36a55ab0c3/clamav-91abc2838c6f6baf854e8435b4a18fd5.tmp-daily.cld' ...|
>
> |copying response body from Docker: unexpected EOF|
>

> Please advise?

More information would be helpful.

We run ClamAV on native ARM7 - a Raspberry Pi 4B, 4GBytes RAM. We
don't use Docker so I don't know how much help I can give, but FWIW
version 26577 loaded fine here yesterday at about 1332 BST (+0100).

While we're waiting for someone to chime in who knows a lot more about
Docker than I do some things spring to mind. I don't know if they'll
be relevant to you.

1. Do you have enough RAM in the system? You probably need 3+ GBytes
if you're running clamd (are you?) unless you take precautions.

2. There have been issues with the distributed configuration files.
Some time back a timeout was much too short, although I can't see that
being the problem here, and (depending on the free RAM) you might need
to set an option to prevent scanning while you update the database.
Perhaps you can let us have the output of

clamconf -n

and some information about the system you're running so that people
might get a better grip on what you're doing.

3, Have you tried downloading the update to a non-Docker machine and
simply copying the updated daily.cld over to the Docker container?
Restart clamd afterwards if you're running it, obviously.

--

73,
Ged.