Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] 404 in list "signature" and submitting FP info
1 - Following the link in the list signature produces a 404 error

"Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide:
https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq"

2 - Guide to submitting a "false positive" detection.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] 404 in list "signature" and submitting FP info [ In reply to ]
On 5/16/2022 9:54 AM, joe a wrote:
> 1 - Following the link in the list signature produces a 404 error
>
> "Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide:
> https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq"
>
> 2 - Guide to submitting a "false positive" detection.

Please ignore item 2.

joe a.

Re: [clamav-users] 404 in list "signature" and submitting FP info [ In reply to ]
Hi Joe,

Our FAQ moved to be under https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation/tree/main/src/faq
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/0cd5aa26752ae532a222d6c8161ef3d93b047699929b8642826d7ea5c498edc7/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation]<https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation/tree/main/src/faq>
clamav-documentation/src/faq at main ? Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation<https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation/tree/main/src/faq>
ClamAV Documentation. Contribute to Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation development by creating an account on GitHub.
github.com
It generates https://docs.clamav.net/faq/faq.html
Frequently Asked Questions - ClamAV Documentation<https://docs.clamav.net/faq/faq.html>
Clam AntiVirus Frequently Asked Questions. If you're unable to find an answer to your question in the FAQ, you can seek help in our clamav-users mailing list, on our Discord server, or by submitting an issue on GitHub.The mailing list archives and existing Github issues (open or closed) may also have an answer to your question.
docs.clamav.net

Where are you seeing the message "Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide"?

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

________________________________

Re: [clamav-users] 404 in list "signature" and submitting FP info [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 18 May 2022, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via clamav-users wrote:

> Hi Joe,
>
> Our FAQ moved to be under https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation/tree/main/src/faq
> [https://opengraph.githubassets.com/0cd5aa26752ae532a222d6c8161ef3d93b047699929b8642826d7ea5c498edc7/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation]<https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation/tree/main/src/faq>
> clamav-documentation/src/faq at main ? Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation<https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation/tree/main/src/faq>
> ClamAV Documentation. Contribute to Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation development by creating an account on GitHub.
> github.com
> It generates https://docs.clamav.net/faq/faq.html
> Frequently Asked Questions - ClamAV Documentation<https://docs.clamav.net/faq/faq.html>
> Clam AntiVirus Frequently Asked Questions. If you're unable to find an answer to your question in the FAQ, you can seek help in our clamav-users mailing list, on our Discord server, or by submitting an issue on GitHub.The mailing list archives and existing Github issues (open or closed) may also have an answer to your question.
> docs.clamav.net
>
> Where are you seeing the message "Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV guide"?

I see it at the foot of every email fromthe list:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
andrew@aitchison.me.uk

Re: [clamav-users] 404 in list "signature" and submitting FP info [ In reply to ]
On 5/18/2022 5:04 PM, Micah Snyder (micasnyd) via clamav-users wrote:
> Hi Joe,
>
> Our FAQ moved to be under
> https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation/tree/main/src/faq
> <https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation/tree/main/src/faq>
> <https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation/tree/main/src/faq>
>
> clamav-documentation/src/faq at main ยท Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation
> <https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation/tree/main/src/faq>
> ClamAV Documentation. Contribute to Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation
> development by creating an account on GitHub.
> github.com
>
> It generates https://docs.clamav.net/faq/faq.html
> <https://docs.clamav.net/faq/faq.html>
> Frequently Asked Questions - ClamAV Documentation
> <https://docs.clamav.net/faq/faq.html>
> Clam AntiVirus Frequently Asked Questions. If you're unable to find an
> answer to your question in the FAQ, you can seek help in our
> clamav-users mailing list, on our Discord server, or by submitting an
> issue on GitHub.The mailing list archives and existing Github issues
> (open or closed) may also have an answer to your question.
> docs.clamav.net
>

> Where are you seeing the message "Help us build a comprehensive ClamAV
> guide"?
>

> Micah Snyder
> ClamAV Development
> Talos
> Cisco Systems, Inc.

A bit late getting to list email.

The link I refer to is in every mail from the list, in what might be
called the "signature",

Thanks for providing working links, but I'd think it appropriate for
links provided in "official" email to be correct(ed?).

joe a.

joe a.

Re: [clamav-users] 404 in list "signature" and submitting FP info [ In reply to ]
Ah! I see! I found and fixed the text in question in our Mailman mailing list settings, both for digest email footers and for non-digest email footers.

Thanks!
-Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development