Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] unable to get updates
I am getting below warning issue and eventually cannot get freshclam
updates even though the updates are available. Please help me to resolve
this.

*clamav update process started at sun apr 17 12:37:49 2022daily database
available for update (local version: 26514, remote version: 26515)daily.cvd
is up-to-date.warning: expected newer version of daily database but the
server's copy is not newer than our local file (version 26514).*

My freshclam.conf looks like below

*DatabaseDirectory /var/lib/clamavDatabaseMirror database.clamav.net
<http://database.clamav.net/>DNSDatabaseInfo current.cvd.clamav.net
<http://current.cvd.clamav.net/>LogSyslog yesScriptedUpdates
noHTTPProxyServer http://<my-proxy-server.com
<http://my-proxy-server.com/>>UpdateLogFile
/var/log/freshclam_external.logHTTPProxyPort 80*

Regards,

Kasi Viswanath
Re: [clamav-users] unable to get updates [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022, Viswanath Ediga via clamav-users wrote:

> I am getting below warning issue and eventually cannot get freshclam
> updates even though the updates are available. Please help me to resolve
> this.
>
> *clamav update process started at sun apr 17 12:37:49 2022daily database
> available for update (local version: 26514, remote version: 26515)daily.cvd
> is up-to-date.warning: expected newer version of daily database but the
> server's copy is not newer than our local file (version 26514).*

The clamd server here updated normally today:

8<----------------------------------------------------------------------
13:13:59 daily database available for update (local version: 26514, remote version: 26515)
13:14:05 Testing database: '.../clamav-38ad007c4d3d5e299b43184965410a6b.tmp-daily.cld' ...
13:14:23 Database test passed.
13:14:23 daily.cld updated (version: 26515, sigs: 1979240, f-level: 90, builder: raynman)
8<----------------------------------------------------------------------

> My freshclam.conf looks like below
>
> *DatabaseDirectory /var/lib/clamavDatabaseMirror database.clamav.net
> <http://database.clamav.net/>DNSDatabaseInfo current.cvd.clamav.net
> <http://current.cvd.clamav.net/>LogSyslog yesScriptedUpdates
> noHTTPProxyServer http://<my-proxy-server.com
> <http://my-proxy-server.com/>>UpdateLogFile
> /var/log/freshclam_external.logHTTPProxyPort 80*

In future if you cut and paste the output of

clamconf -n

it might be clearer.

Something has muddled the text of your representation of the content
of freshclam.conf - probably a mail client, but I think I follow it.

Try without the proxy?

--

73,
Ged.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] unable to get updates [ In reply to ]
hi bdy
sry I didn't understand very well your ask.

Re: [clamav-users] unable to get updates [ In reply to ]
Thanks.
My server got updates too. But only after three or four failed attempts. I
cannot bypass proxy in our organization.

--
Kasi Viswanath

Re: [clamav-users] unable to get updates [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Mon, 18 Apr 2022, Viswanath Ediga via clamav-users wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 3:01 AM G.W. Haywood via clamav-users wrote:
>> On Sun, 17 Apr 2022, Viswanath Ediga via clamav-users wrote:
>>
>>> I am getting below warning issue and eventually cannot get freshclam
>>> updates even though the updates are available. ...
>>> My freshclam.conf ...
>>> HTTPProxyServer http://my-proxy-server.com
>>
>> The clamd server here updated normally today:
>>
>> 8<----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> 13:13:59 daily database ... (local version: 26514, remote version: 26515)
>> 13:14:05 Testing ...tmp-daily.cld
>> 13:14:23 Database test passed.
>> 13:14:23 daily.cld updated (version: 26515, sigs: 1979240, ...)
>> 8<----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> Try without the proxy?
>
> My server got updates too. But only after three or four failed attempts.
>
> I cannot bypass proxy in our organization.

Then perhaps your organization needs to fix the proxy, or perhaps you
need to study the documentation:

https://docs.clamav.net/?search=proxy

My recent experience with proxies is limited, but if you can tell us
more about your proxy configuration someone here may be able to help.

Re: [clamav-users] unable to get updates [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Sun, 17 Apr 2022, Ivan Zanoth via clamav-users wrote:
> Em dom., 17 de abr. de 2022 G.W. Haywood via clamav-users escreveu:
>> On Sun, 17 Apr 2022, Viswanath Ediga via clamav-users wrote:

>>> clamav update process started at sun apr 17 12:37:49 2022
>>> daily database available for update (local version: 26514, remote version: 26515)
>>> warning: expected newer version of daily database but the server's copy is not newer than our local file (version 26514).*
>>
>> The clamd server here updated normally today:
>>> My freshclam.conf looks like below
>>> HTTPProxyServer http://my-proxy-server.com/
>>
>> Try without the proxy?
>
> sry I didn't understand very well your ask.

If you have a question, please try to tell us exactly what it is.

If your question does not relate to the problem with a ClamAV proxy
which is described in this thread, then please do not reply in this
thread but start a new thread to ask your question.

Re: [clamav-users] unable to get updates [ In reply to ]
Thank you for the pointer. I am starting to understand the cause now. I
suspect it could be due to proxy server's cache.
I need to work with the proxy server's team now.

Regards,

Kasi Viswanath

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 3:14 PM G.W. Haywood via clamav-users <

Re: [clamav-users] unable to get updates [ In reply to ]
bd,
say what you want or are trying to say, please.

Em seg., 18 de abr. de 2022 às 10:34, Viswanath Ediga via clamav-users <