Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] MS Windows clamav-0.104.1.win.x64.msi broke freshclam.exe and clamscan.exe - .dll errors [?]
https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav/issues/371

Hard to tell as just a user but is this due to the latest version
(0.104.1) being compiled with a different compiler? Or should the issue be
flagged somewhere else given it says here

https://www.clamav.net/downloads#otherversions

"The software listed in this section is authored by third parties -- not
by the ClamAV team. Compatibility may vary."

Regards,

Robert Jones

rwj@SDF.org
SDF Public Access UNIX System - http://SDF.org

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] MS Windows clamav-0.104.1.win.x64.msi broke freshclam.exe and clamscan.exe - .dll errors [?] [ In reply to ]
Hi,

The statement "The software listed in this section is authored by third parties -- not by the ClamAV team. Compatibility may vary." is misleading and only applies to the linux packages that you'd install with apt get? / dnf install? / pkg add? / etc. I've been trying to get the Downloads page cleaned up for ... some time. Hopefully, our web team can make the changes I've requested soon.

We do build the Windows packages available for download from the downloads page.

Let's continue this conversation in https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav/issues/371

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos