Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] how to build release 0.104.1 in non-standard systems
Hi,

We are using ClamAV on our server for protection against virus.
However, the build method (using "cmake") for the new 0.104.1 release has
prevented us from upgrading promptly as before.

Our system is running "Linux From Scratch", in which most software packages
are installed in non-standard locations.

For pre-104 releases, we have to build the package via the following steps :

> tar xf clamav-<ver>.tar.gz
> mkdir clamav-build
> cd clamav-build
> sh ../clamav-<ver>/configure \
--prefix=<clamav-prefix> \
--sysconfdir=<clamav-etc> \
--datarootdir=<clamav-prefix> \
--enable-shared --disable-experimental --enable-milter --with-gnu-ld \
--with-xml=<path-to-libxml2> \
--with-openssl=<path-to-openssl> \
--with-libjson-static=<path-to-json-c>/lib/libjson-c.a \
--with-pcre=<path-to-pcre2> \
--with-zlib=<path-to-zlib> \
--with-user=<clamav-user> --with-group=<clamav-group> \
--with-libcurl=<path-to-curl>
> make
> make check
> make DESTDIR=<install-directory> install-strip

Please kindly advise how can we build the 0.104.1 release ?

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] how to build release 0.104.1 in non-standard systems [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 5 Nov 2021, anctop--- via clamav-users wrote:

> We are using ClamAV on our server for protection against virus.
> However, the build method (using "cmake") for the new 0.104.1 release has
> prevented us from upgrading promptly as before.

While you are getting cmake to do what you need,
version 0.103.4 LTS was released in tandem with 0.104.1
Confusingly it appears on the download page under "Previous Stable
Releases". However it should contain all the fixes of 0.104.1
but with the old build system.

Might I say that "Previous Stable Releases" is not the right
place for the *current* LTS version ?

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
andrew@aitchison.me.uk

Re: [clamav-users] how to build release 0.104.1 in non-standard systems [ In reply to ]
Thank you very much for your advice.

We have successfully built ClamAV 0.103.4 and have it working.