Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] clamav freshclam.conf error code 58 -- help
Need some help with freshclam.conf on an air-gapped network.

When I run 'freshclam -vvv' I get following error message at the end, the error code is 58:
Update failed. Your network may be down or none of the mirrors listed in /etc/freshclam.conf is working. Check https://www.clamav.net/documents/official-mirror-faq for possible reasons.

I can access the repo via browser and curl with out errors.

Here are the config changes:
DatabaseDirectory /var/lib/clamav
PrivateMirror http://server1.serverfarm.com/repos/avdailies

Please let me know if you have any ideas on what might be incorrect.

Thanks,

Alex

Alexander S Rombro
Linux Systems Administration

O: +1 310-647-3202
P: +1 310-203-6699
Alexander.S.Rombro@rtx.com<mailto:Alexander.S.Rombro@rtx.com>

Raytheon Technologies
Raytheon Intelligence & Space
2000 East El Segundo Blvd
El Segundo, CA 90245

RTX.com<https://www.rtx.com/> | LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/raytheontechnologies> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/raytheontech> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/raytheontechnologies> | Facebook<https://www.facebook.com/raytheontechnologies> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/raytheontechnologies>

***** Planned PTO Dates *****
9/16/21
Re: [clamav-users] clamav freshclam.conf error code 58 -- help [ In reply to ]
Hi Alex,

I don't see anything wrong off-hand with your config file, except that you're attempting to download from a "/repos/avdailies" subdirectory, which I believe didn't work in 0.101 and prior.

The message "Your network may be down or none of the mirrors listed" also no longer exists in ClamAV as of version 0.102. We rewrote the majority of freshclam in v0.102.

Please update to a newer version of ClamAV and try again. It may work with a newer version.

Regards,
Micah

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development