Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] ongoing clamonacc errors
Hello,

Looking for information regarding the cause of the following errors and how to eliminate. The busier the system the more errors I receive.

RHEL7.9 system - using redhat epel repository rpms - ClamAV 0.103.3

Errors in /var/log/messages:
server clamonacc[7206]: ERROR: ClamCom: TIMEOUT while waiting on socket (recv)

clamonacc ERROR: ClamClient: Connection to clamd failed, Couldn't connect to server.
clamonacc ClamClient: Connection to clamd re-established.

Running processes:
clamscan 4229 1 25 09:50 ? 00:00:16 /usr/sbin/clamd -c /etc/clamd.d/scan.conf
root 4240 1 11 09:50 ? 00:00:02 /usr/sbin/clamonacc --stream --log=/var/log/clamonacc -F --config-file=/etc/clamd.d/scan.conf --move=/var/clamav-quarantine

/etc/clamd.d/scan.conf
LogSyslog yes
LogVerbose no
LogRotate yes
TemporaryDirectory /var/tmp
TCPSocket 3310
TCPAddr 127.0.0.1
ReadTimeout 300
CommandReadTimeout 120
CrossFilesystems no
ConcurrentDatabaseReload no
User clamscan
ScanArchive no
OnAccessIncludePath /usr
OnAccessIncludePath /home
OnAccessIncludePath /etc
OnAccessIncludePath /root
OnAccessIncludePath /opt
OnAccessIncludePath /boot
OnAccessIncludePath /tmp
OnAccessExcludePath /opt/splunkforwarder
OnAccessExcludePath /opt/commvault
OnAccessExcludeUname clamscan
OnAccessRetryAttempts 3

Thanks,
Jeff Hoevenaar
Re: [clamav-users] ongoing clamonacc errors [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Tue, 5 Oct 2021, Hoevenaar, Jeffrey (GE Aviation, US) via clamav-users wrote:

> Looking for information regarding the cause of the following errors and how to eliminate. The busier the system the more errors I receive.
>
> RHEL7.9 system - using redhat epel repository rpms - ClamAV 0.103.3
>
> Errors in /var/log/messages:
> server clamonacc[7206]: ERROR: ClamCom: TIMEOUT while waiting on socket (recv)

Check all the 'something'Timeout values in the configuration files.
I'd have said 'clamd.conf' instead of 'configuration files' but as
you're using the Red Nut version, and they've gratuitously changed
the names of the files, I don't want to give an incorrect filename.

--

73,
Ged.