Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] clamav static binary
Hi All,

Is there way to build static binary for clamav?

Eero
Re: [clamav-users] clamav static binary [ In reply to ]
Hi Eero,

Sorry about the delay. Building clamav binaries statically is simple when using the new CMake build system.

And you're welcome to use ClamAV in this way but please do not distribute ClamAV builds in this way. This will also link the UnRAR library statically with libclamav. UnRAR's license is not compatible with our GPLv2 license because it contains a clause that says you can't reverse engineer it to create a RAR archiver program. For this reason, we prefer to keep libclamunrar+libclamunrar_iface and libclamav separate for distribution.

Use these options for the first CMake step to the clamav binaries statically: -D ENABLE_STATIC_LIB=ON? -D ENABLE_SHARED_LIB=OFF?

If you need the 3rd party dependencies to be statically linked into the clamav binaries as well, that is only slightly more complicated. We do it for our oss-fuzz integration using a dependency build automation tool we developed called Mussels to build all of the static dependencies.

For an example, see:

* https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/blob/master/projects/clamav/Dockerfile#L26-L31
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/1afde33aa035f47999310d9888ba7e9881a59b552a8661a33e0e768acae74a54/google/oss-fuzz]<https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/blob/master/projects/clamav/Dockerfile#L26-L31>
oss-fuzz/Dockerfile at master · google/oss-fuzz<https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/blob/master/projects/clamav/Dockerfile#L26-L31>
OSS-Fuzz - continuous fuzzing for open source software. - oss-fuzz/Dockerfile at master · google/oss-fuzz
github.com
?
?

* https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/blob/master/projects/clamav/build.sh#L31-L51
[https://opengraph.githubassets.com/1afde33aa035f47999310d9888ba7e9881a59b552a8661a33e0e768acae74a54/google/oss-fuzz]<https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/blob/master/projects/clamav/build.sh#L31-L51>
oss-fuzz/build.sh at master · google/oss-fuzz<https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/blob/master/projects/clamav/build.sh#L31-L51>
OSS-Fuzz - continuous fuzzing for open source software. - oss-fuzz/build.sh at master · google/oss-fuzz
github.com
?
?

Regards,