Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Quarantine option when using command line
Hi. I don't think there's an option for quarantine when using the
command line--only removing or moving. What's wrong with quarantine?
The files are separated and functional, aren't they?

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Quarantine option when using command line [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Sun, 19 Sep 2021, Anthony via clamav-users wrote:

> I don't think there's an option for quarantine when using the
> command line--only removing or moving. What's wrong with
> quarantine?

What do you mean by 'quarantine'?

> The files are separated and functional, aren't they?

I don't understand the question.

--

73,
Ged.

Re: [clamav-users] Quarantine option when using command line [ In reply to ]
On 9/19/2021 5:00 PM, Anthony via clamav-users wrote:
> Hi. I don't think there's an option for quarantine when using the
> command line--only removing or moving. What's wrong with quarantine?
> The files are separated and functional, aren't they?

Quarantine is an MTA function.

For the command line, use move or delete. Or better, just get the
report and then decide what to do.

Never use move or delete when scanning system files since a false
positive could be disastrous.

-- Noel Jones