Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Failed to download daily
I keep getting this message and really need the CVD's to install on an isolated system and have been doing it this way because there is no copy of CVD's on the other systems that are updating.

2021-09-09 11:52:49 cvdupdate-0.2.0 WARNING Failed to download daily-26271.cdiff
2021-09-09 11:52:49 cvdupdate-0.2.0 WARNING Download request rejected because we've downloaded the same file too frequently.
2021-09-09 11:52:49 cvdupdate-0.2.0 WARNING We won't try daily.cvd again for 12:00:00 hours.

I know for our company there are several systems downloading the files daily. Do I need to set up one system to for all of our systems to get the updates from?

Russell Scattone?|?Staff
Systems Engineer

Photronics, Inc. nanoFab

10136 S. Federal Way ? Boise, ID 83716?|

phone 208-908-4075?|?mobile
208-598-2167|?fax
208-908-4100|?rscattone@photronics.com

?

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and are intended solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.? This communication
may contain Photronics' confidential information.? If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for delivering the e-mail to the intended recipient, be advised that you have received this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Failed to download daily [ In reply to ]
On 09.09.21 18:10, Scattone, Russell via clamav-users wrote:
>I keep getting this message and really need the CVD's to install on an
> isolated system and have been doing it this way because there is no copy
> of CVD's on the other systems that are updating.
>
>2021-09-09 11:52:49 cvdupdate-0.2.0 WARNING Failed to download daily-26271.cdiff
>2021-09-09 11:52:49 cvdupdate-0.2.0 WARNING Download request rejected because we've downloaded the same file too frequently.
>2021-09-09 11:52:49 cvdupdate-0.2.0 WARNING We won't try daily.cvd again for 12:00:00 hours.
>
>I know for our company there are several systems downloading the files
> daily. Do I need to set up one system to for all of our systems to get
> the updates from?

yes, this is the (main) reason cvdupdate was created.

Nothing is fool-proof to a talented fool.