Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] buiding 0.104.0
i tried building for Debian 10 on x64 but clearly have failed t understand
something

I used to configure with

./configure --with-user=Debian-exim --with-group=Debian-exim \
--bindir=/usr/sbin --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc/clamav/

so I tried cmake with

cmake -D CLAMAV_USER=Debian-exim -D CLAMAV_GROUP=Debian-exim \
-D CLAMAV_BINDIR=/usr/sbin -D CLAMAV_PREFIX=/usr ..

and that seemed to work so I did a make which completed OK. Trying "make
test" on the other and gave failure for the first 6 tests and passed the other
4.

Not sure what to do next. I could carry on with 0.103.42 and hope
eventually some kind person creates a Debian package, or could stop using
clamav. Or someone could point out how stupid I am being and tell me what
I did wrong.

==John ffitch

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] buiding 0.104.0 [ In reply to ]
Hi John,

If you're seeing a test failure, please submit an issue on the clamav github issues page https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav/issues and include the test results (log file, or a copy paste from the terminal when using the verbose option). The test results should help us identify what's going wrong.

I only noticed a one strange thing in that you're setting the regular bin directory to be the same as your service bin (sbin) directory. That is odd, but I wouldn't expect this change to cause a test failure.

Micah Snyder
ClamAV Development
Talos
Cisco Systems, Inc.

Re: [clamav-users] buiding 0.104.0 [ In reply to ]
I noticed your plea for Debian package. Perhaps you didn?t notice but if you look at the downloads page those packages are available from the ClamAV team. If you prefer to wait for the official one from the Debian package maintainers you?re welcome to do so.

https://www.clamav.net/downloads

[cid:image001.png@01D7A3E6.2F595C30]

Michael Peterson
Talos