Mailing List Archive

Re: [clamav-users] clamav-users Digest, Vol 200, Issue 19

> I guess I got the wrong impression. Perhaps you should try

You wouldn't be the first. My career though computing hasn't been academic. One doesn't need to know C to install & run LFS, a broad programming background will do. I've done from APL to PL/1 in former decades.

> https://curl.se/mail/
>
> for help configuring curl's logging.

That's an appropriate suggestion, if it's active. I'll give it a try.

> ClamAV but wouldn't have much difficulty in using it. What's the use
> case for ClamAV in your system? From what you've said I'd think that
> the attackable surface would be so small that ClamAV could contribute
> relatively little to its further reduction.

I hope that's true; it is with intent. Even so, it's not zero and there are entries through webpages. Malware is intentionally hard to spot, so it helps to have all the tools.

> Yes, it's Linux From Scratch. But you do run X, and some kind of a
> window manager? Can you not install VirtualBox?

On a 512MB, 1GHz Pentium III? I did say "legacy", I believe. Don't ask why. If even possible, isn't that masochism?

--
Paul Rogers
paulgrogers@fastmail.fm

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] clamav-users Digest, Vol 200, Issue 19 [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Wed, 21 Jul 2021, Paul Rogers via clamav-users wrote:

> On a 512MB, 1GHz Pentium III? I did say "legacy", I believe. Don't
> ask why. If even possible, isn't that masochism?

Well it's probably masochistic to run a 512MB PIII, but at least you
don't have to worry about running ClamAV on it - because you can't.

--

73,
Ged.