Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Seeking complete Installation guide of clamav-rest
Hi team,

I knew clamav can act as a dedicated virus scanner server to provide remote
scan service to other destination machines through using clamav-rest. But
by far i keep searching and searching still not found any instructions to
illustrate how to activate the REST service for remote scan. The questions
i ain't figured are:

The clamav-rest API should activate/install on the virusscanner server or
every destination(client) machine?

[image: image.png]

How to indicate the web-GUI like the screenshot below to perform scanning
operation? are we needed to install clamtk to fulfill this requirement?
[image: image.png]

I referenced beneath instruction and by far successfully built virusscanner
server, just the clamav-rest API not clear how to utilize it.

https://www.programmersought.com/article/53126569310/

Please support us, thanks.

Vincent Cruise

Re: [clamav-users] Seeking complete Installation guide of clamav-rest [ In reply to ]
Hi Team,

Please support us.

Rgds,

Vincent

Re: [clamav-users] Seeking complete Installation guide of clamav-rest [ In reply to ]
On 23/07/2021 13:28, Kin Sou via clamav-users wrote:
> Hi Team,
>
> Please support us.

Hey, give them at least 24 hours.

Nobody who might know what you are talking about is awake, or currently
available for dealing with ClamAV stuff.

It's free, don't be snarky when asking for help.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Seeking complete Installation guide of clamav-rest [ In reply to ]
please run google search with keywords

https://www.google.fi/search?q=clamav+rest+api&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-fi&client=safari

clamav rest api

Eero

Re: [clamav-users] Seeking complete Installation guide of clamav-rest [ In reply to ]
Hi Kin,

The “clamav-rest” project is a community project built on top of clamav-java (a different community project by the same person) that a client library for interacting with our clamd server program. Here is the github project page for clamav-rest: https://github.com/solita/clamav-rest
Any questions about how to use clamav-rest should be directed to the issues page for that project. It looks to me like the author, solita, has slowed down quite a bit with the project but is still actively maintaining it.

The web-GUI you’re asking about from the blogpost looks to me like “Postman”. Postman is a general purpose REST API testing tool. You can get it as a plugin for Chrome or as a native desktop application. They have a free plan for basic use, and a few paid plans as well for teams and business use: https://www.postman.com/pricing/

I hope this helps.

-Micah

[cid:image001.png@01D77FB7.EC519030]

[cid:image002.png@01D77FB7.EC519030]