Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] ClamD Socket Error on MacOS
Hi,

I recently installed ClamAV via MacPorts was able to run the freshclam
command after changing the following path to allow read/write
permissions for the administrator account.

//opt/local//bin/

For some reason, the opt folder and subfolders created by MacPorts only
gives read/write permissions to a System account making freshclam
inaccessible via Terminal as I am unable to switch to the System account
to run the freshclam executable.

Currently when running clamd I get the following error message:

/When navigating to the tmp directory, I don't see the clamd socket
file.  Is this something that should have been created during installation?

Thanks,

Wayne

/

/