*I would like to get some suggestions.*

*Thanks.*

*Karthik*
Re: [clamav-users] Regarding increasing ClamAV file size while using docker [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Tue, 8 Jun 2021, Karthik Iyer via clamav-users wrote:

> I would like to scan files as big as 100 gb.

Forget it. Read the documentation instead.

--

73,
Ged.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Regarding increasing ClamAV file size while using docker [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 8 Jun 2021, Karthik Iyer via clamav-users wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to scan files as big as 100 gb.

At present you cannot:
https://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2021-April/011018.html

The code is not 64bit clean (maybe not even 32bit clean
- the developers only guarantee 2GB files).

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
andrew@aitchison.me.uk

Re: [clamav-users] Regarding increasing ClamAV file size while using docker [ In reply to ]
How do i change the conf file if I am using a docker image ? I am trying to
make it as 2GB.

But if i use the docker image , it does not give me the option of changing
the conf file.

Please advise.

Re: [clamav-users] Regarding increasing ClamAV file size while using docker [ In reply to ]
Hi Karthik,

One option is to override the config directory if you need with a volume mount that contains custom config files.
When you start the container, add this to your command line:
--mount type=bind,source=/full/path/to/your/configs/,target=/etc/clamav
Where /full/path/to/your/configs/ is a directory containing your configs.
See https://docs.clamav.net/manual/Installing/Docker.html#controlling-the-container for more details.

Another option would be to create your own Docker file that starts FROM your clamav image of choice and overwrites their config with your config.

Regards,
Micah