would like to know the cost and the kind of support at the enterprise level.

Whom could I reach out for the cost as well as what would be the enterprise
support for this ?

Is there a phone number I can call to ask ?

Also can you provide me with some samples for running ClamAV on .NET Core
3.1 ?

Thanks.

Karthik
Re: [clamav-users] Clam AV Cost and support for enterprise [ In reply to ]
There’s no cost for use in the Enterprise. There is no support offering for ClamAV other than these mailing lists.

Sent from my ? iPhone

We would like to use ClamAV for scanning files in our blob storage and would like to know the cost and the kind of support at the enterprise level.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Clam AV Cost and support for enterprise [ In reply to ]
Can you provide me of samples of how to consume it in .net core 3.1?

Also how do we set it up for running the scan in a kubernetes cluster ?

Re: [clamav-users] Clam AV Cost and support for enterprise [ In reply to ]
I keep getting this error when i try to use SendAndScanFileAsync

"C:\KJ\Work\GEP Demos\CloudMersive Virus Scan
Demo\CloudMersiveDemo\bin\Debug\netcoreapp3.1\CloudMersiveDemo.exe (process
22096) exited with code 0.
To automatically close the console when debugging stops, enable
Tools->Options->Debugging->Automatically close the console when debugging
stops.
Press any key to close this window . . ."

This is my code.

var clam = new ClamClient("localhost", 3310);

var fileBytes =
File.ReadAllBytes("C:\\Users\\Karthik.Iyer\\Desktop\\sample_large_pdf\\A17_FlightPlan.pdf");

var scanResult = await clam.SendAndScanFileAsync(fileBytes);

switch (scanResult.Result)
{
case ClamScanResults.Clean:
Console.WriteLine("The file is clean!");
break;

case ClamScanResults.VirusDetected:
Console.WriteLine("Virus Found!");
Console.WriteLine("Virus name: {0}",
scanResult.InfectedFiles.First().VirusName);
break;

case ClamScanResults.Error:
Console.WriteLine("Woah an error occured! Error:
{0}", scanResult.RawResult);
break;
}

Any ideas ?

Thanks

Karthik

Re: [clamav-users] Clam AV Cost and support for enterprise [ In reply to ]
* Karthik Iyer via clamav-users:

> I keep getting this error when i try to use SendAndScanFileAsync
>
> "C:\KJ\Work\GEP Demos\CloudMersive Virus Scan
> Demo\CloudMersiveDemo\bin\Debug\netcoreapp3.1\CloudMersiveDemo.exe
> (process 22096) exited with code 0.

What error are you referring to? By convention, exit code 0 signals "no
error".

> This is my code.

At a quick glance, your code exits with code 0 no matter what value
scanResult.Result has, even in the case when no test condition matches,
which might not be what you want.

-Ralph

Re: [clamav-users] Clam AV Cost and support for enterprise [ In reply to ]
When I debug the code it is not even taking me to the next line after it
calls scan.

It directly exits.

On Mon, Jun 7, 2021 at 10:15 PM Ralph Seichter via clamav-users <

Re: [clamav-users] Clam AV Cost and support for enterprise [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Mon, 7 Jun 2021, Karthik Iyer via clamav-users wrote:

> I keep getting this error when i try to use SendAndScanFileAsync
>
> "C:\KJ\Work\GEP Demos\...\CloudMersiveDemo.exe (process 22096) exited with code 0.
> To automatically close the console when debugging stops, enable Tools->Options->Debugging->Automatically close the console when debugging stops.
> Press any key to close this window . . ."

As has already been mentioned, that does not appear to be an "error",
because an exit code of 0 (usually) means that the previous operation
succeeded. But it does *not* mean that all the operations before that
succeeded! Welcome to computer programming. Probably more than 90%
of it is handling all the thigns that can go wrogn.

> This is my code.
> Any ideas ?

You are using tools which are not provided in the ClamAV distribution.
It is not clear to me that the problems you are having are especially
related to ClamAV itself. They appear to be more general programming
issues, which is not really why this mailing list exists. If we spent
a lot of time on such issues here we would run the risk of being asked
by the list owners to desist.

In order for us to give you better help, you would need to provide a
lot more information. For example: How did you obtain and exactly how
did you install ClamAV? Have you verified that you can download the
virus database and keep it up to date with freshclam? Have you looked
at any third-party databases which you might want to use (and figured
out how to keep them up to date too)? Have you verified that you can
run the ClamAV daemon (clamd)? Have you used it to scan files via the
command-line tools supplied with ClamAV?

It might be better for you if you find a good place to get help with
the non-ClamAV tools which you are using, if there is one. Have you
searched for something like that?

Apart from all that I think at this stage it's fair to say that you
need to be able to walk before you can run. It would help us to help
you to avoid falling over in the process if you can tell us (in very
general terms) what you want to achieve with ClamAV.

I don't mean something like "I want to scan a file."

I mean something like "My company is developing a Web application
which permits untrusted users to share files, and we need to ensure
that those files do not contain anything malicious so that we don't
get sued by all the users who were injured by using our service, and
thus go bankrupt instead of making pots and pots of money."

You might also want to ask questions like "What percentage of virus
scans using ClamAV will claim that an infected file is OK?". Some
estimates of mine are in the archives of this list, if you'd like to
search for them.

You're in a minefield. Your move.

--

73,
Ged.

Re: [clamav-users] Clam AV Cost and support for enterprise [ In reply to ]
Karthik,

Based on the C# API, I am guessing that you are using this project: https://github.com/tekmaven/nClam
The developer, Ryan Hoffman, appears to be active on GitHub and answered a GitHub issue for nClam as recently as 8 days ago.
I would recommend seeking help with the C# aspects of your application in a GitHub issue there.

Regards,
Micah