Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] ClamAV 0.103.0 takes longer
Hi,

Since we did the update to the ClamAV 0.103.0 version on 26.03.2021, the duration of scanning viruses increased for approximately 50%. I couldn't find anything related to that change in ClamAV 0.103.0 changelog. It would be great if anyone knows what could be the cause of this?

You can see below how duration of scanning increased historically:
2021_02_27.log:Time: (1225 m 44 s)
2021_03_06.log:Time: (1525 m 4 s)
2021_03_13.log:Time: (1241 m 57 s)
2021_03_20.log:Time: (1243 m 52 s)
2021_03_27.log:Time: (1856 m 53 s) --The day after ClamAV update
2021_04_03.log:Time: (1912 m 6 s)
2021_04_10.log:Time: (1899 m 7 s)
2021_04_17.log:Time: (1925 m 26 s)
2021_04_24.log:Time: (1886 m 18 s)

Let me know if you need some additional info.

Thank you,

Sinisa Uskokovic
Cloud Operations Engineer

Tel: +43 1 5857397-468
E-mail: sinisa.uskokovic@fabasoft.com<mailto:sinisa.uskokovic@fabasoft.com>

[cid:image001.png@01D74E36.CA705940]

LinkedIn<https://www.linkedin.com/company/fabasoft/> | Twitter<https://twitter.com/fabasoft> | YouTube<https://www.youtube.com/user/FabasoftCloud> | Instagram<https://www.instagram.com/fabasoft/>

Fabasoft R&D GmbH, Laxenburger Strasse 2,
1100 Vienna, Austria | Commercial Court Linz 190091x

www.fabasoft.com<http://www.fabasoft.com/> | Privacy Policy Fabasoft<https://www.fabasoft.com/en/privacy>
Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV 0.103.0 takes longer [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Fri, 21 May 2021, Uskokovic, Sinisa via clamav-users wrote:

> Since we did the update to the ClamAV 0.103.0 version on 26.03.2021,

The release was announced on 14 Sep 2020, it seems that you left it
quite a while before updating...

https://blog.clamav.net/2020/09/clamav-01030-released.html

> the duration of scanning viruses increased for approximately 50%. I
> couldn't find anything related to that change in ClamAV 0.103.0
> changelog. It would be great if anyone knows what could be the cause
> of this?

There were numerous fixes and improvements to 0.103.0 - see the above
release announcement for more information. Some of the changes noted
would have the effect of scanning some types of files which would not
have been scanned at all using earlier versions. Some of them would
result in what might be called 'deeper' scanning. I imagine all of
these could be expected to extend scanning times, although an increase
of 50% seems rather high. I guess it depends on the mix of files that
you're scanning.

> Let me know if you need some additional info.

It would probably help if you could let us know what you are scanning.
You're clearly scanning filesystems, but as here we only use ClamAV to
scan mail I don't think any statistics I could offer would help you.

--

73,
Ged.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV 0.103.0 takes longer [ In reply to ]
Hi Ged,

Thank you for your answer, it is good enough for my dilemma.

Best,
Sinisa

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV 0.103.0 takes longer [ In reply to ]
Also, upgrading to the current version is smarter. 0.103.2

Sent from my ? iPhone