Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Fwd: ClamAV®
On 06/05/2021 01:19, ClamAV® blog wrote:
> "clamav-devel" GitHub repository name change to "clamav"
> <http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Clamav/~3/HLo75DA2w0E/clamav-devel-github-repository-name.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>
Ok, That is thus a misleading phrase since this only applies to the
non-public  Cisco git repository.
The public git as stated on the website is still the correct one.

Clear and correct communication is a skill and should not be left to
technical or otherwise untrained people.

--- Frans

--
A: Yes, just like that A: Ja, net zo
Q: Oh, Just like reading a book backwards Q: Oh, net als een boek achterstevoren lezen
Re: [clamav-users] Fwd: ClamAV® [ In reply to ]
No, this is the public git repository. Unless I am misunderstanding what you’re saying.

Sent from my ? iPhone

On May 8, 2021, at 03:38, Frans de Boer <frans@fransdb.nl> wrote:

?
On 06/05/2021 01:19, ClamAV® blog wrote:
"clamav-devel" GitHub repository name change to "clamav"<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Clamav/~3/HLo75DA2w0E/clamav-devel-github-repository-name.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>
Ok, That is thus a misleading phrase since this only applies to the non-public Cisco git repository.
The public git as stated on the website is still the correct one.

Clear and correct communication is a skill and should not be left to technical or otherwise untrained people.

--- Frans

--
A: Yes, just like that A: Ja, net zo
Q: Oh, Just like reading a book backwards Q: Oh, net als een boek achterstevoren lezen

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Fwd: ClamAV® [ In reply to ]
The blog post is advanced notice so that if anyone thinks they will be affected, they can plan for it. It won’t be changing until the 18th. For now it’s still “clamav-devel”.
I don’t believe the repo name change will cause any problems because github automatically redirects requests for renamed/moved repositories, but it couldn’t hurt to give people a heads up before we remove the “-devel” suffix.

-Micah

On May 8, 2021, at 03:38, Frans de Boer <frans@fransdb.nl<mailto:frans@fransdb.nl>> wrote:
?
On 06/05/2021 01:19, ClamAV® blog wrote:
"clamav-devel" GitHub repository name change to "clamav"<http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/Clamav/~3/HLo75DA2w0E/clamav-devel-github-repository-name.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email>
Ok, That is thus a misleading phrase since this only applies to the non-public Cisco git repository.
The public git as stated on the website is still the correct one.

Clear and correct communication is a skill and should not be left to technical or otherwise untrained people.

--- Frans

--

A: Yes, just like that A: Ja, net zo

Q: Oh, Just like reading a book backwards Q: Oh, net als een boek achterstevoren lezen

A: Because it upsets the natural flow of a story A: Omdat het de natuurlijke gang uit het verhaal haalt

Q: Why is top-posting annoying? Q: Waarom is Top-posting zo irritant?