Mailing List Archive

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV(R) blog: Are you still attempting to download safebrowsing.cvd?
To give a quick update on this, a new version of safebrowsing.cvd was
published yesterday that removes all but a minimal number of signatures
needed for it to be loaded correctly by ClamAV. The block on
safebrowsing.cvd download attempts was also lifted, and a corresponding
zero-byte CDIFF published, which means that existing installations running
FreshClam with the SafeBrowsing option set should expect a quick update
that replaces the prior, 40 MB safebrowsing.cvd (if present) with the 1 KB
latest one.

-Andrew

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV(R) blog: Are you still attempting to download safebrowsing.cvd? [ In reply to ]
Effect:

Traffic surrounding safebrowsing has effectively ground to almost zero. FANTASTIC!

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Communities Division