Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] Re :Re: Re :Re: Offline Updating
Hello,
I"m trying to connect to this adress :www.clamav.net in order to download Clamav for Windows.I've tried with my PC, with my Phone, with a friend's phone, with an another PC (at a friend Home) and the page couldn't be displayed.The message : "Error  1020Access denied" is displayed.
I do anything else other than go to this url:www.clamav.net
Thx for your help and excuse me for spelling mistake : I'm french
Envoyé depuis Yahoo Mail pour Android

Le jeu., mars 18, 2021 à 11:52, G.W. Haywood<clamav@jubileegroup.co.uk> a écrit : Hi there,

On Thu, 18 Mar 2021, presario2133--- via clamav-users wrote:

> Since this moraine, it"s impossible to access at :ClamavNet
> |

> |  |    |

> |  |
> ClamavNet
>

>  |  |

> Message:Errer 1020Access denied.
> How should I fix this issue?
> [snip]

I do not understand your message.  It appears to be garbled.

You so not appear to explain what you are doing, so I do not know.

I am *guessing* that what you are doing is considered by the ClamAV
team to be an abuse of their service.  In that case they will have
blocked your access to it.

Please do not tell us only what happens when you do something.

Please tell us what you do which produces the response.

Please include the IP address(es) which you are using.

Then we might be able to help you.

Alternatively - if you are trying to download the ClamAV database
directly instead of using one of the two approved methods which you
have already been given - then stop doing that, and perhaps ask Joel
nicely if he would be prepared to remove the block from your IP(s)
IF AND ONLY IF the abuse has stopped.

--

73,
Ged.
[clamav-users] Re :Re: Re :Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
I'd just tried from a Iphone : thé page couleur be displayed.But from a windows PC or an Android Phone: thé page can"t be displayed.

Le jeu., mars 18, 2021 à 12:01, Paul Smith via clamav-users<clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> a écrit : On 18/03/2021 10:51, G.W. Haywood via clamav-users wrote:

>> Since this moraine, it"s impossible to access at :ClamavNet
> I do not understand your message.  It appears to be garbled.
>
> You so not appear to explain what you are doing, so I do not know.

Clamav.net is broken...

Chrome shows an invalid certificate. If I go to www.clamav.net, I get a
certificate for 'ssl392509.cloudflaressl.com which expired on 13 October
2020...

I've attached a screenshot

--
Paul
Paul Smith Computer Services

--

Paul Smith Computer Services
Tel: 01484 855800

Sign up for news & updates at http://www.pscs.co.uk/go/subscribe
Re: [clamav-users] Re?:Re: Re?:Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Thu, 18 Mar 2021, presario2133--- via clamav-users wrote:

> I"m trying to connect to this adress :www.clamav.net in order to
> download Clamav for Windows. I've tried with my PC, with my Phone,
> with a friend's phone, with an another PC (at a friend Home) and the
> page couldn't be displayed. The message : "Error  1020Access
> denied" is displayed.

Another user on this list says that he sees problems with the ClamAV
Website certificate. I do not see that - I see that the certificate
is current, valid, and expires at noon (GMT) on 4th August 2021.

I am in England. Perhaps something is wrong with the geographical
caching by Cloudflare. If so, to know more about it we may need to
wait until the people in the USA start their working day.

For how long have you been seeing this problem?

Can you tell us the IP addresses which you have used?

> Thx for your help and excuse me for spelling mistake : I'm french

J'ai compris. :)

--

73,
Ged.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Re :Re: Re :Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
On 18/03/2021 11:28, G.W. Haywood via clamav-users wrote:

> Another user on this list says that he sees problems with the ClamAV
> Website certificate.  I do not see that - I see that the certificate
> is current, valid, and expires at noon (GMT) on 4th August 2021.

I've only just noticed it today (prompted to look by presario's
message). Now, I'm getting the same response as they are.

I didn't visit the website yesterday, so can't comment on when it started.

> I am in England.  Perhaps something is wrong with the geographical
> caching by Cloudflare.  If so, to know more about it we may need to
> wait until the people in the USA start their working day.

I'm in England also...

At my first message, the certificate was wrong. NOW it is showing as
valid, expiring on 4th August 2021, but I'm getting the 1020 error -
this is just going to https://www.clamav.net (not downloading CVDs).
This IP address is not used for anything else ClamAV related, so it
shouldn't be hitting rate limiters or anything like that.

I suspect the Cloudflare settings have been tweaked, and have gone badly
wrong.

My IP address is 82.68.48.206. If I remote into my office PC and try
from there, I get the same 1020 error, that IP address is 195.224.19.190
and on a totally different ISP from my home network.

--
Paul

Re: [clamav-users] Re :Re: Re :Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
On 18/03/2021 22:39, Paul Smith via clamav-users wrote:
> On 18/03/2021 11:28, G.W. Haywood via clamav-users wrote:
>>
>> Another user on this list says that he sees problems with the ClamAV
>> Website certificate.  I do not see that - I see that the certificate
>> is current, valid, and expires at noon (GMT) on 4th August 2021.
>
> I've only just noticed it today (prompted to look by presario's
> message). Now, I'm getting the same response as they are.
>
> I didn't visit the website yesterday, so can't comment on when it started.
>
>> I am in England.  Perhaps something is wrong with the geographical
>> caching by Cloudflare.  If so, to know more about it we may need to
>> wait until the people in the USA start their working day.
>
> I'm in England also...
>
> At my first message, the certificate was wrong. NOW it is showing as
> valid, expiring on 4th August 2021, but I'm getting the 1020 error -
> this is just going to https://www.clamav.net (not downloading CVDs).
> This IP address is not used for anything else ClamAV related, so it
> shouldn't be hitting rate limiters or anything like that.
>
> I suspect the Cloudflare settings have been tweaked, and have gone badly
> wrong.
>
> My IP address is 82.68.48.206. If I remote into my office PC and try
> from there, I get the same 1020 error, that IP address is 195.224.19.190
> and on a totally different ISP from my home network.

<https://www.clamav.net> is fine from Oz at the moment.

Probably, as Ged suggested, something has gone blooie! with Cloudflare.

It happens.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

Re: [clamav-users] Re :Re: Re :Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
On 18/03/2021 11:50, Rick Cooper wrote:
> Just looked at the page source, fired up internet explorer 11 and can
> navigate the site, pulled out firefox and can also navigate the site.
> Appears to be no go with chrome and Edge

Yep, same here in the UK. Firefox, IE11 and Safari are OK here. Chrome,
Edge and Opera all give the 1020 error.

Guess it's an attempt to stop people faking UserAgent strings to get the
CVDs, but it's affecting the whole site...

--
Paul

Re: [clamav-users] Re :Re: Re :Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
From Canada: Firefox on Linux => Okay, Chrome on Android Phone => Error
1020.

Re: [clamav-users] Re :Re: Re :Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
On 18/03/2021 23:08, Rick Cooper wrote:
> Just verified if I change chrome's agent string to Internet Explorer 11 can
> access the page just fine

That's interesting, Edge uses the Chromium engine, I presume that the
problem is caused by giggle doing something so incredibly and
wonderfully clever that anyone else could tell was stupid.

Are other Chromium-based browsers having the problem, I wonder?

Cheers,
Gary B-)

Re: [clamav-users] Re?:Re: Re?:Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]

On 18.03.21 23:17, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
>That's interesting, Edge uses the Chromium engine, I presume that the
>problem is caused by giggle doing something so incredibly and
>wonderfully clever that anyone else could tell was stupid.
>
>Are other Chromium-based browsers having the problem, I wonder?

I have problem using mozilla Seamonkey, no problem with firefox...
I don't have lysdexia. The Dog wouldn't allow that.

Re: [clamav-users] Re?:Re: Re?:Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
They fixed it , works with all my browsers again

Re: [clamav-users] Re?:Re: Re?:Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
Everyone please check, this should be cleared up.

Re: [clamav-users] Re :Re: Re :Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
On 18/03/2021 14:22, Joel Esler (jesler) via clamav-users wrote:
> Everyone please check, this should be cleared up.

It's fine for me now. Thanks

--
Paul

Re: [clamav-users] Re?:Re: Re?:Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
On 18.03.21 14:22, Joel Esler (jesler) via clamav-users wrote:
>Everyone please check, this should be cleared up.

still a problem with seamonkey.

>> On Mar 18, 2021, at 9:47 AM, Rick Cooper <rcooper@dwford.com> wrote:
>>
>> They fixed it , works with all my browsers again

2B|!2B, that's a question!

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml

Just verified if I change chrome's agent string to Internet Explorer 11
can
access the page just fine

On 18.03.21 23:17, Gary R. Schmidt wrote:
That's interesting, Edge uses the Chromium engine, I presume that the
problem is caused by giggle doing something so incredibly and
wonderfully clever that anyone else could tell was stupid.

Are other Chromium-based browsers having the problem, I wonder?

I have problem using mozilla Seamonkey, no problem with firefox...

--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk<mailto:uhlar@fantomas.sk> ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
2B|!2B, that's a question!

Re: [clamav-users] Re?:Re: Re?:Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
On 18.03.21 17:42, Joel Esler (jesler) via clamav-users wrote:
>You’re going to have to give me an IP or a RayID to look up.

Cloudflare Ray ID: 63206b9ccdf238b7

>On Mar 18, 2021, at 1:40 PM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk<mailto:uhlar@fantomas.sk>> wrote:
>
>On 18.03.21 14:22, Joel Esler (jesler) via clamav-users wrote:
>Everyone please check, this should be cleared up.
>
>still a problem with seamonkey.

42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Re: [clamav-users] Re :Re: Re :Re: Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
Also still a problem for me with Seamonkey.

 Error 1020 Ray ID: 63209cfe2f330bf5 • 2021-03-18 18:44:36 UTC
Access denied

Sent from my Desktop Computer

Re: [clamav-users] Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
Try a different browser?

Re: [clamav-users] Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
I installed Firefox and that worked but I am not using Firefox, I am using SeaMonkey, a fork of Firefox.

Some websites don't serve SeaMonkey correctly because they don't recognise that it is basically Firefox but stripped down, so SeaMonkey has three options for the UserAgent in the Preferences.

- Identify as Firefox

- Identify as SeaMonkey

- Identify as SeaMonkey and advertise Firefox Compatibility

The default setting is the last one. I found that the Clamav web site only works when the UserAgent is set to Identify as SeaMonkey.

Unfortunately I have met quite a few websites that refuse to work properly with SeaMonkey because they say it is not FireFox and then the 1st or 3rd option works but not the 2nd.

So much for standardisation but then websites haven't followed the standards for ages.

Re: [clamav-users] Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
On 18.03.21 18:55, Joel Esler (jesler) via clamav-users wrote:
>Try a different browser?

aha, I have noted this before. firefox works, seamonkey doesn't even when
identifies as firefox (apparently identifies as older version of FF)

>> On Mar 18, 2021, at 2:46 PM, Adolf Belka (gmail) via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:
>>
>> Also still a problem for me with Seamonkey.
>>
>> Error 1020 Ray ID: 63209cfe2f330bf5 • 2021-03-18 18:44:36 UTC
>> Access denied
>>
>> Sent from my Desktop Computer

>>> Cloudflare Ray ID: 63206b9ccdf238b7

Silvester Stallone: Father of the RISC concept.