I shows ClamAV changed their policy.
Here my replay from the QNAP helpdesk:

‘Dear Customer

ClamAV had changed download engine for the antivirus database since March 2021 ,and removed the .cvd files download link from website as well. This resulted in QNAP NAS with firmware versions 4.3.6 and older will not able to update the antivirus definition manually or automatically, as they are still using the previous download engine.

For legacy models where the Firmware update has reached end of life, update for the ClamAV antivirus definition would no longer be possible. In this case, we would recommend you to use alternative antivirus apps such as McAfee (license purchase is required) if it is available on your NAS model.

We appreciate your understanding, and if you have further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us again.

Best Regards,’

Kr, Bas
Re: [clamav-users] Unable to update ClamAV virus database on QNAP [ In reply to ]
No, the problem with Qnap is they are running an old version of Snort that has been EOL’ed and refuse to update, so they are blaming it on us.

Since begin March my NAS reported failures with updating the ClamAV virus database.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml