[clamav-users] Offline Updating
Good Morning,

I have a stand alone machine that is not connected to the internet or any
other device and for security reasons it cannot be connected at all.

I have looked into getting the Clamav software updated, but seem to be
struggling, is there a common method of carrying out this job at all?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

James
Re: [clamav-users] Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
On 17/03/2021 09:34, James Mcloughlin via clamav-users wrote:
> I have a stand alone machine that is not connected to the internet or
> any other device and for security reasons it cannot be connected at all.
>
> I have looked into getting the Clamav software updated, but seem to be
> struggling, is there a common methodĀ of carrying out this job at all?

You could run FreshClam on a computer that is connected to the Internet,
and periodically copy the CVD files over to the air-gapped computer,
just as you would have done before.

The difference is that before you'd download the CVD files manually and
then copy them, now you'll use FreshClam and copy them.

--
Paul

--

Paul Smith Computer Services
Tel: 01484 855800

Sign up for news & updates at http://www.pscs.co.uk/go/subscribe

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Offline Updating [ In reply to ]
On Mar 17, 2021, at 02:42, Paul Smith via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net> wrote:
> On 17/03/2021 09:34, James Mcloughlin via clamav-users wrote:
>> I have a stand alone machine that is not connected to the internet or any other device and for security reasons it cannot be connected at all.
>>
>> I have looked into getting the Clamav software updated, but seem to be struggling, is there a common method of carrying out this job at all?
>>
> You could run FreshClam on a computer that is connected to the Internet, and periodically copy the CVD files over to the air-gapped computer, just as you would have done before.
>
> The difference is that before you'd download the CVD files manually and then copy them, now you'll use FreshClam and copy them.

Except they will be CLD most of the time when using freshclam.

-Al-