Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] freshclam: Network is unreachable
Hi,

ClamAV update process started at Sun Mar 14 22:28:09 2021
WARNING: getpatch: Can't download main-56.cdiff from database.clamav.net
WARNING: getpatch: Can't download main-56.cdiff from database.clamav.net
ERROR: getpatch: Can't download main-56.cdiff from database.clamav.net
WARNING: Incremental update failed, trying to download main.cvd
Trying host database.clamav.net (2606:4700::6810:da54)...
nonblock_connect: connect(): fd=5 errno=101: Network is unreachable
Can't connect to port 80 of host database.clamav.net (IP:
2606:4700::6810:da54)
Trying host database.clamav.net (2606:4700::6810:db54)...
nonblock_connect: connect(): fd=5 errno=101: Network is unreachable
Can't connect to port 80 of host database.clamav.net (IP:
2606:4700::6810:db54)
ERROR: Can't download main.cvd from database.clamav.net
Giving up on database.clamav.net...
Update failed. Your network may be down or none of the mirrors listed in
/etc/freshclam.conf is working. Check
http://www.clamav.net/doc/mirrors-faq.html for possible reasons.

*OS*: Fedora 20
Telnet to database.clamav.net on port 80 is working fine from the server.
I have tried the IPV4 instead of database.clamav.net, but not working.

Anyone please share the solid solution.

--
Email Disclaimer: *http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/
<http://www.forgeahead.io/disclaimer/>*
Re: [clamav-users] freshclam: Network is unreachable [ In reply to ]
On 15/03/2021 16:39, Vivek Patil via clamav-users wrote:
> Hi,

Update to a currently supported version of ClamAV.

You haven't told us which version you are on, so that may not be the
problem, but it usually is.

Unless, of course, you're one of the naughty sites.

Cheers,
Gary B-)

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] freshclam: Network is unreachable [ In reply to ]
On 15.03.21 11:09, Vivek Patil via clamav-users wrote:
>ERROR: Can't download main.cvd from database.clamav.net
>Giving up on database.clamav.net...
>Update failed. Your network may be down or none of the mirrors listed in
>/etc/freshclam.conf is working. Check
>http://www.clamav.net/doc/mirrors-faq.html for possible reasons.
>
>*OS*: Fedora 20

that is too old OS (2013-12-17), containing old and unsupported ClamAV version.

>Telnet to database.clamav.net on port 80 is working fine from the server.
>I have tried the IPV4 instead of database.clamav.net, but not working.
>
>Anyone please share the solid solution.

upgrade at least ClamAV to at least 0.100

note that may become unsupported in a while, so newest ClamAV version is
recommended.

However, I recommend you upgrading the OS too, if possible.
Why running such old OS with dozens of security bugs?

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...

Re: [clamav-users] freshclam: Network is unreachable [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021, Matus UHLAR - fantomas wrote:

> Why running such old OS with dozens of security bugs?

Well, obviously if you run an anti-virus package, your computer is
"protected", so you don't have to worry about security any more...

> Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity...

When you can, please read "Armageddon" by Max Hastings.

--

73,
Ged.