De : clamav-users <clamav-users-bounces@lists.clamav.net> De la part de Vincent GUESNARD via clamav-users
Envoy? : dimanche 7 mars 2021 06:46
? : 'clamav-users@lists.clamav.net' <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>
Cc : Vincent GUESNARD <vincent.guesnard@touchweb.fr>
Objet : [clamav-users] How force freshclamav to preserve cdiffs OR how generate cdiff since you forced us to use freshclamav on private mirrors

Hello,

We perfectly understood your problems with bandwith and there is no problem here to ? hack ? freschclam to make our privates mirrors work again.

But please, help us since we do not want to replay 2018- with huge instabilisaties on public infrastructure of Clamav (we really want to preserve our private mirrors) AND we do not find anything about forcing freschclam to preserve cdiff.

So here is the question (Joel : that we post here since we think we are not alone to got this problem) :

How do we force freschclam to preserve cdiffs OR How can we generate cdiff (freshclam compliant) to make our private mirrors work again ?

Thanks you,

Vincent

TW CTO
Re: [clamav-users] Script PHP to refresh private miror in sinergy with freshclam [ In reply to ]
Here is the user-agent edited Joel for ? PHP-ClamAV-Private-Miror-Refresh/<version of the script>?

Does it sounds good to you ?

In case you need it, here is our workarround (bandwith friendly and freshclam compliant).

Feel free to contact us if you need help.

Vincent

Re: [clamav-users] Script PHP to refresh private miror in sinergy with freshclam [ In reply to ]
My last edit for today just to magnify cli return.

Re: [clamav-users] Script PHP to refresh private miror in sinergy with freshclam [ In reply to ]
Also this:

“ SERIOUSLY ? MORE THAN 100 DAYS WITHOUT UPDATE ? IT WILL COST LESS MONEY ON BANDWITH AT CLAMAV IF YOU DOWNLOAD THE FULL NEW DATABASE";”

Is incorrect. It costs less to download 100 cdiffs than it does to download the full daily.

Sent from my ? iPhone

[...]

<clamav-refresh.php>

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] Script PHP to refresh private miror in sinergy with freshclam [ In reply to ]
You’re right on the bandwith point of view, not sure about CPU consommuning point of view. I’ve edited it for 2000. Does it sounds good to you ?

I’ve tested the script on PHP 5.6 to PHP 8.0 (and edited dependancies as well) – NB : not on all uses cases, maybe this should be adjust in the futur.

Have a nice week,

Vincent

Re: [clamav-users] Script PHP to refresh private miror in sinergy with freshclam [ In reply to ]
Okay, users of this script should be good to go. I would suggest that you put this on GitHub, and we’ll link to it from the official FAQ.

Re: [clamav-users] Script PHP to refresh private miror in sinergy with freshclam [ In reply to ]
Joel,

I’ve corrected a typo within User-Agent, please would you like to update it on your side if needed ?

Here is the new one : PHP-ClamAV-Private-Mirror-Refresh/<version>

I’ve published it here : https://github.com/touchweb-vincent/clamav-private-mirror

Vincent

Re: [clamav-users] Script PHP to refresh private miror in sinergy with freshclam [ In reply to ]
Unsubscribe

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021, 6:27 AM Vincent GUESNARD via clamav-users, <