I tried to uninstall and re-install it, but there are still the same errors and warnings.
Thank you for your help.

Best regards.
Re: [clamav-users] I can't update Clamav database for 5 days [ In reply to ]
Citeren Jérôme Giry via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>:

> I can't update Clamav database for 5 days.
> I'm Windows 10 user.
> Attached the update log.
> I tried to uninstall and re-install it, but there are still the same
> errors and warnings.
> Thank you for your help.

Which version of ClamAV is this?

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] I can't update Clamav database for 5 days [ In reply to ]
I use it with Clamwin-0.99.4 downloaded on his official site.
As it is the last version of Clamwin, I assume it uses the last version of Clamav too (0.103.1)
Thank you.

Best regards.
________________________________

Re: [clamav-users] I can't update Clamav database for 5 days [ In reply to ]
Citeren Jérôme Giry via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>:

> I use it with Clamwin-0.99.4 downloaded on his official site.

This is a third-party product that uses an older version of ClamAV.

See https://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2021-February/010456.html

Re: [clamav-users] I can't update Clamav database for 5 days [ In reply to ]
On 07/03/2021 15:21, J?r?me Giry via clamav-users wrote:
> I use it with Clamwin-0.99.4 downloaded on his official site.
> As it is the last version of Clamwin, I assume it uses the last
> version of Clamav too (0.103.1)

Clamwin-0.99.4 (released in March 2018) uses ClamAV 0.99, which is EOL
and unsupported by ClamAV.

A sudden configuration change (due to excessive updates by some parties)
on the ClamAV servers has broken updates for any EOL versions of ClamAV.
(It's caught quite a few of us out!)

Clamwin needs to upgrade to a more recent version of ClamAV, or you can
download a standard version of ClamAV and use the command-line options
for scanning.

https://www.clamav.net/downloads#otherversions

--
Paul
Paul Smith Computer Services

--

Paul Smith Computer Services
Tel: 01484 855800

Sign up for news & updates at http://www.pscs.co.uk/go/subscribe
Re: [clamav-users] I can't update Clamav database for 5 days [ In reply to ]
Citeren Paul Smith via clamav-users <clamav-users@lists.clamav.net>:

> A sudden configuration change (due to excessive updates by some
> parties) on the ClamAV servers has broken updates for any EOL
> versions of ClamAV. (It's caught quite a few of us out!)

This was announced almost a month ago on on both the clamav-announce
and clamav-users mailinglists. This has not been caused by the changes
to prevent excessive downloads.

See https://blog.clamav.net/2021/02/clamav-eol-versions-prior-to-0100.html

Re: [clamav-users] I can't update Clamav database for 5 days [ In reply to ]
On 07/03/2021 15:55, Arjen de Korte via clamav-users wrote:

> This was announced almost a month ago on on both the clamav-announce
> and clamav-users mailinglists. This has not been caused by the changes
> to prevent excessive downloads.
>
> See
> https://blog.clamav.net/2021/02/clamav-eol-versions-prior-to-0100.html

I'm sorry, but that does not say "it will not work", just "we won't test
signatures". As it happens the current CVDs work perfectly well with
ClamAV 0.99, it's just that FreshClam 0.99 can't download them (because
of the way the rate limiting has been implemented)

"End of life (EOL) for ClamAV essentially means that we will no longer
be testing against that version when we write signatures, and we may
break something with a future release. So, while signatures may work
past March 1, we are no longer testing that configuration."

That announcement is saying that things may break with a future release.
There hasn't been a future release of ClamAV since that announcement.
It's also not saying that the old FreshClam won't be able to download
the updates, just that they may not work in ClamAV.

The changes to prevent excessive downloads are what triggered old
FreshClam failing.

It's the same reason that wget won't work (for implementing private
mirrors). It all happened at exactly the same time.

See: https://lists.clamav.net/pipermail/clamav-users/2021-March/010559.html

Note that I'm not complaining that the rate limiting has been
implemented, but a warning that private mirrors and old Freshclam would
definitely stop working would have been nice, but, as I understand it,
the rate limiting was forced upon them by external factors, so prior
warning wasn't possible.

Re: [clamav-users] I can't update Clamav database for 5 days [ In reply to ]
Thank you all for understanding, and yes, I could have been more clear in the blog post. But the intention is that when EOL happens, those versions are now disabled.

Sent from my ? iPad

Re: [clamav-users] I can't update Clamav database for 5 days [ In reply to ]
On 07.03.21 15:21, Jérôme Giry via clamav-users wrote:
>I use it with Clamwin-0.99.4 downloaded on his official site.
>As it is the last version of Clamwin, I assume it uses the last version of Clamav too (0.103.1)

Clamwin-0.99.4 more indicates clamav 0.99.4 which is old nearly 3 years:

http://www.clamwin.com/content/view/249/1/

it's freshclam version apparently does not support cdiff's.

We are but packets in the Internet of life (userfriendly.org)

Re: [clamav-users] I can't update Clamav database for 5 days [ In reply to ]
Ok, thank you for your help, I switch to Clamav ????

Bye!