Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] compiling static version of clamav+libclamav
Hi,

Is there easy way to compile fully static version of clamav.

As I need to use it on old system that is not supported anymore.

Eero
Re: [clamav-users] compiling static version of clamav+libclamav [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Wed, 3 Mar 2021, Eero Volotinen wrote:

> Is there easy way to compile fully static version of clamav.
> As I need to use it on old system that is not supported anymore.

The fact that a system is old would not tell me that I need to compile
a static executable. Nor would the fact that a system is unsupported.
This seems to me on the face of it to be a fairly dubious enterprise.
What do you hope to gain by it? Please can you give us more detail?

--

73,
Ged.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] compiling static version of clamav+libclamav [ In reply to ]
System is a bit old looks like 0.99 is not working anymore.

Anyway managed to compile 1.0 and it works. A bit limited access to the
compiler. Plan was to compile static binary on other linux, but it failed..

Eero

Re: [clamav-users] compiling static version of clamav+libclamav [ In reply to ]

Re: [clamav-users] compiling static version of clamav+libclamav [ In reply to ]
I don’t think there’s an easy way to compile a fully static version of clamav right now, even with the CMake build system added in 0.103. I have fixes prepared to make fully static builds work properly with CMake, but that won’t be available until 0.104.

-Micah