Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] What value to put max threads too
Hello, I was wondering what value I should put Max Threads to? I am running
an ubuntu machine with 16 cores. I currently have it set to 100. Is this to
much?
Re: [clamav-users] What value to put max threads too [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Mon, 1 Mar 2021, Michael Kyriacou via clamav-users wrote:

> ... what value I should put Max Threads to? I am running an ubuntu
> machine with 16 cores. I currently have it set to 100.
> Is this to much?

That depends.

Did you read

man clamd.conf

?

--

73,
Ged.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] What value to put max threads too [ In reply to ]
On 01.03.21 10:10, Michael Kyriacou via clamav-users wrote:
>Hello, I was wondering what value I should put Max Threads to? I am running
>an ubuntu machine with 16 cores. I currently have it set to 100. Is this to
>much?

I would not put more than number of cores, maybe even less with low memory.

Spam is for losers who can't get business any other way.

Re: [clamav-users] What value to put max threads too [ In reply to ]
Yes I read clamd.conf. It states the maximum number of threads running at
the same time.
I am a little confused on how many threads to put. 100 threads=100 clamd
processes.