Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] ClamAV not even mentioned in article "The 6 Best Antiviruses for Linux 2021"
https://www.safetydetectives.com/best-antivirus/linux/

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV not even mentioned in article "The 6 Best Antiviruses for Linux 2021" [ In reply to ]
This is what happens when you don’t pay people for SEO.

Sent from my ? iPhone

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV not even mentioned in article "The 6 Best Antiviruses for Linux 2021" [ In reply to ]
Or maybe, since ClamAV is free (as well as Free), they don't get any commission on a sale.

(E.g., their "Get Kaspersky Now" button goes to "https://www.safetydetectives.com/go/vendor/linux/202/?post_id=9609&alooma_btn_name=Visit+Button+-+8435".)

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV not even mentioned in article "The 6 Best Antiviruses for Linux 2021" [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 19 Feb 2021, Paul Kosinski via clamav-users wrote:

> https://www.safetydetectives.com/best-antivirus/linux/

Usability. Linux programs tend not to be easy to use in fact, they
often run on command line only. But because it's so crucial that
cybersecurity software is configured correctly and performing properly,
I expect each one of these programs to be easily understood by their
intended users.

I guess he dismissed ClamAV because it is command line.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison Kendal, UK
andrew@aitchison.me.uk

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV not even mentioned in article "The 6 Best Antiviruses for Linux 2021" [ In reply to ]
These types of articles are written purely for seo. We get contacted constantly about this type of thing.

Sent from my ? iPhone

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV not even mentioned in article "The 6 Best Antiviruses for Linux 2021" [ In reply to ]
for the complainers out there
ClamAV is *FREE*
I have checked into other Linux security apps. and they are roughly $138

On Fri, Feb 19, 2021 at 12:09 PM Paul Kosinski via clamav-users <