Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] adding additional database
looking for how to add additional (3rd party?) database(s) to clamav install. For some reason my search skills have evaporated.
Or I pissed off the search engine genie . . .

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] adding additional database [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Fri, 22 Jan 2021, Joe Acquisto-j4 wrote:

> looking for how to add additional (3rd party?) database(s) to clamav install.

1. Find the desired third-party database(s) and download them. [*]
2. Place the file(s) in the same directory as the official databases.
3. Restart clamd if necessary (i.e. if you use it).
4. Somehow arrange for the new databases to be kept up to date, and
5. for clamd (if used) to reload on any update.
6. Keep an eye on the logs, etc.

Alternatively there's something here: [**]

https://github.com/extremeshok/clamav-unofficial-sigs

HTH.

[*] Sanesecurity and Securiteinfo especially recommended.

[**] Disclaimer - I haven't used this exactly, but I still use
what I think is its predecessor from many years ago.

--

73,
Ged.