This never happened before, as running freshclam always updated the definitions without any issues.  Is it something on my end I need to do or is it an issue with ClamAV?
Thanks
--
Chris Garcia
https://supersamplestar.bandcamp.com/
https://www.bitchute.com/channel/supersamplestar/
Securely sent with Tutanota. Claim your encrypted mailbox today!
https://tutanota.com
Re: [clamav-users] freshclam can't download updates due to SSL issue [ In reply to ]
Nothing has changed on our end.

Sent from my ? iPhone

Re: [clamav-users] freshclam can't download updates due to SSL issue [ In reply to ]
Hi there,

On Wed, 23 Dec 2020, Chris via clamav-users wrote:

> I'm using ClamAV version 0.103.0 and recently whenever I try to
> update ClamAV with freshclam, for some reason it ...
> WARNING: Message: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK

Is there a firewall or a proxy or something between you and the ClamAV
server which might be messing with the connection?

> WARNING: getpatch: Can't download daily-26002.cdiff from https://database.clamav.net/daily-26002.cdiff

That's nearly a month old, just checking you know that.

> ... OS is Linux Devuan Beowulf (Debian 10) and it has the latest
> version of ca-certificates available (20200601) ...

I had a brief fling with Devuan years ago but gave up with it (because
of the noise on the mailing list, not because of Devuan itself). So I
don't know much about it but they might possibly have borked something
I suppose. If it isn't something between you and the server, you
might want to try spinning up a live CD or a minimal VM or something
just to see if you have more luck downloading with a different OS. It
won't be a lot of work just to install freshclam and grab some data.

> This never happened before, as running freshclam always updated the
> definitions without any issues. Is it something on my end I need to
> do or is it an issue with ClamAV?

The ClamAV server here is on the Debian-based Raspberry Pi OS. I've
seen no issues updating for absolutely ages. If there was a problem
with the ClamAV servers (especially one ongoing since November), I'd
have expected to see a lot of wailing on this list. I haven't, so I
guess it's probably at your end.

--

73,
Ged.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] freshclam can't download updates due to SSL issue [ In reply to ]
Hello

Yea it's starting to sound like Devuan might have broken something.  I did an openssl test another user suggested and all dates and info he highlighted came back the same and I have all necessary files.  Normally I use a VPN, but even restarting my computer and turning off the VPN i still get the same error.
Thanks
--

Dec 23, 2020, 19:55 by clamav-users@lists.clamav.net:

Re: [clamav-users] freshclam can't download updates due to SSL issue [ In reply to ]
Chris,

Is the date/time correct on your machine? You can get this error if the time is incorrect.

Eg if I set my date back to 2012:

? sudo date 010417352012
[sudo] password for micasnyd:
Wed Jan 4 17:35:00 PST 2012

? ~/.clamav/bin/freshclam
ClamAV update process started at Wed Jan 4 17:35:09 2012
daily database available for update (local version: 25990, remote version: 26038)
Current database is 48 versions behind.
Downloading database patch # 25991...
WARNING: Download failed (60) WARNING: Message: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK
WARNING: getpatch: Can't download daily-25991.cdiff from https://database.clamav.net/daily-25991.cdiff

-Micah