Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] clamAV OnAccess support for IBM AIX
Hi,

we would need an implementation of the clamAV OnAccess feature for AIX
which ist currently not available.
On Linux it relies on the fanotify function which is not available on AIX.

So I opened a case with IBM and they told me the following:

- - -

"Hi, AIX has no exact counter part to fanotify(), though there are several
other AIX API's such as ld_intercept() and fskv_reg Kernel Services,
though one would need to write a kernel extension to use them."

- - -

So it seems there are two API's considerable. The question is now, if one
of the clamAV developers could imagine to implement the feature using this
way.

Thanks a lot and keep up the good work.

Best regards
Martin
Re: [clamav-users] clamAV OnAccess support for IBM AIX [ In reply to ]
Hi Martin,

Unfortunately AIX is not a high priority for ClamAV because AIX has a relatively small userbase and because AIX not freely available for us to develop on and test with.

-Micah