Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] ClamAV Database update issue
Hello All,

We are using ClamAV for long time and today suddenly it is failing to
update the Virus Signature Database with the error " *"WARNING: getfile:
Error while reading database from *database.clamav.net* (IP:
104.16.218.84)"." *Is there any changes to the database server or is it
down. We have checked the firewall setting and it is open for clamav.

I have attached the screenshot as well.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

SUDHIR KUMAR MAHARJAN
*Associate IT Manager*
*Deerwalk Services Pvt. Ltd.*
p: +977-1-4485429 m: +977-9851151176
a: Sifal | Kathmandu | Nepal
w: www.deerwalk.com e: skmaharjan@deerwalk.com
[image: image host] <https://www.deerwalk.com/>
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/deerwalk-inc/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/deerwalkinc> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/Deerwalk> | YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCawrNx5J26lzWs4viyaakRA>

--
DISCLAIMER:
This email message is for the sole use of the intended
Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Database update issue [ In reply to ]
Check out CloudFlare status: https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/

If you are in the LA area, that could be a cause…

Sincerely,

Eric Tykwinski

TrueNet, Inc.

P: 610-429-8300

We are using ClamAV for long time and today suddenly it is failing to update the Virus Signature Database with the error " "WARNING: getfile: Error while reading database from <http://database.clamav.net/> database.clamav.net (IP: 104.16.218.84)"." Is there any changes to the database server or is it down. We have checked the firewall setting and it is open for clamav.

I have attached the screenshot as well.

Please let me know how to resolve this issue.

SUDHIR KUMAR MAHARJAN

Associate IT Manager

Deerwalk Services Pvt. Ltd.

p:

+977-1-4485429 m: +977-9851151176

a:

Sifal | Kathmandu | Nepal

w:

<https://www.deerwalk.com/> www.deerwalk.com e: <mailto:skmaharjan@deerwalk.com> skmaharjan@deerwalk.com

<https://www.deerwalk.com/> image host

<https://www.linkedin.com/company/deerwalk-inc/> LinkedIn | <https://twitter.com/deerwalkinc> Twitter | <https://www.facebook.com/Deerwalk> Facebook | <https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCawrNx5J26lzWs4viyaakRA> YouTube

DISCLAIMER:
This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized use or disclosure is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message. IRS CIRCULAR 230 DISCLOSURE: Any U.S. tax advice contained in this communication (including any attachments) is not intended or written to be used, and cannot be used, for the purpose of (i) avoiding penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or (ii) promoting, marketing or recommending to another party any transaction or matter addressed herein.(FR08-i203d)
Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Database update issue [ In reply to ]
Sudhir,

At what time exactly? We sustained a small DoS last night against the update server.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Communities Division

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Database update issue [ In reply to ]
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your reply but the ip posted here belongs to San Francisco will
Issue in LA cause issue in San Francisco as well?
I find this little strange.

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Database update issue [ In reply to ]
Honestly, It could be like Joel said…

Here’s what I’m seeing in some locations currently:

Fri Jul 24 09:18:02 2020 -> main database available for download (remote version: 59)

Fri Jul 24 09:18:03 2020 -> ^downloadFile: Unexpected response (525) from https://database.clamav.net/main.cvd

Fri Jul 24 09:18:03 2020 -> ^getcvd: Can't download main.cvd from https://database.clamav.net/main.cvd

Fri Jul 24 09:18:03 2020 -> Trying again in 5 secs...

Fri Jul 24 09:18:08 2020 -> main database available for download (remote version: 59)

Time: 1477.2s, ETA: 2686.8s [==========> ] 39.87MiB/112.40MiB

Bad luck could get multiple 5xx errors and fail out.

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Database update issue [ In reply to ]
I will try again and let you know.

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Database update issue [ In reply to ]
I am able to update now.
Thanks Eric and Joel.
--
SUDHIR KUMAR MAHARJAN
*Associate IT Manager*
*Deerwalk Services Pvt. Ltd.*
p: +977-1-4485429 m: +977-9851151176
a: Sifal | Kathmandu | Nepal
w: www.deerwalk.com e: skmaharjan@deerwalk.com
[image: image host] <https://www.deerwalk.com/>
LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/company/deerwalk-inc/> | Twitter
<https://twitter.com/deerwalkinc> | Facebook
<https://www.facebook.com/Deerwalk> | YouTube
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCawrNx5J26lzWs4viyaakRA>

On Fri, Jul 24, 2020 at 7:32 PM Sudhir Kumar Maharjan <

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Database update issue [ In reply to ]
Did sustain a DDoS last night, Cloudflare kicked in it’s anti-DDoS work that it does, but we’ve served about 6TB of update traffic in the past 30 minutes, so we should be good now.