Mailing List Archive

[clamav-users] ClamAV Info
Hi,

I'm looking at endpoint security solutions and was wondering if anyone
could help me out with this info for ClamAV?

MALWARE PROTECTION Yes/No
On-Access Scanning
On-Demand Scanning
Virus Definition
Malware Signatures
Malicous Signature detection
Incident Response (Quarantine, Alerts, Actions)
Event Reporting
Email Notifications
MANAGEMENT
Scheduled Scanning
Management Console
Grouping (Asset Groups)
Asset Tagging
Pattern Updates (Downloading definition files)
Adjustable CPU Utilization
Centralized End-Point Management
FIREWALL
Intrusion Prevention System - Unencrypted Traffic
Intrusion Prevention System - SSL Encrypted Traffic
Host based Intrusion Detection System
File integrity Monitoring
Vulnerability detection
ANALYSIS
Events (Authentication, Brute force, etc..)
Web Events (Web Servers)
Custom Audit Events (Defined Policies)
INTEGRATIONS
Containers Friendly
Cloud Agnostic
Pipeline integration

*Christopher Do*
FAS Cloud Services (FCS)
General Services Administration (GSA)
P: 571-346-8097 E: christopher.do@gsa.gov
Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Info [ In reply to ]
Em 21/05/2019 11:37, Christopher Do - IQ-C via clamav-users escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking at endpoint security solutions and was wondering if anyone
> could help me out with this info for ClamAV?

    basically, clamav is not what you're looking for ... it's basically
a file scanner antivirus, not a resident antivirus, not a memory
scanning antivirus, nothing of these features you're looking for. clamav
is not an endpoint antivirus, it's a simply file scanner antivirus.

--

Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
Leonardo Rodrigues

gertrudes@solutti.com.br
My SPAMTRAP, do not email it

https://github.com/vrtadmin/clamav-faq

http://www.clamav.net/contact.html#ml
Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Info [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 21 May 2019, Leonardo Rodrigues wrote:

> Em 21/05/2019 11:37, Christopher Do - IQ-C via clamav-users escreveu:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm looking at endpoint security solutions and was wondering if anyone
> > could help me out with this info for ClamAV?
> >

>     basically, clamav is not what you're looking for ... it's basically
> a file scanner antivirus, not a resident antivirus, not a memory
> scanning antivirus, nothing of these features you're looking for. clamav
> is not an endpoint antivirus, it's a simply file scanner antivirus.

In fact, ClamAV is simply a file virus scanner. It isn't an
"antivirus" at all -- it cannot remove viruses or deactivate them.

Alan Stern

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Info [ In reply to ]
It can quarantine files, right?

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Info [ In reply to ]
On 22.05.19 10:51, Christopher Do - IQ-C via clamav-users wrote:
>It can quarantine files, right?

no, only scan for viruses. other functionalities are left for different
software following basic UNIX logic "do one thing and do it good".

>On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 10:49 AM Alan Stern <stern@rowland.harvard.edu>
>wrote:

>> > basically, clamav is not what you're looking for ... it's basically
>> > a file scanner antivirus, not a resident antivirus, not a memory
>> > scanning antivirus, nothing of these features you're looking for. clamav
>> > is not an endpoint antivirus, it's a simply file scanner antivirus.
>>
>> In fact, ClamAV is simply a file virus scanner. It isn't an
>> "antivirus" at all -- it cannot remove viruses or deactivate them.

Save the whales. Collect the whole set.

Re: [clamav-users] ClamAV Info [ In reply to ]
It can. –move <directory> will do it.

--
Joel Esler
Manager, Communities Division