Mailing List Archive

ClamAV Power Tools
Folks,

I'm sorry that I've not been able to put time and effort into continuing
the support of ClamAV on the Windows system.

The ClamAV team intend to restart support for Windows as soon as we can.

In the meantime I am also aware that not much has been happening on the
Powertools front. For those of you that don't know, the Powertools
is a suite of programs that enhance the features of ClamAV under Windows.

* clamdService - a service to start clamd and freshclam

* clamAVShellExt - an extension to Windows Explorer to add the option to
right-click any file/folder and have that file/folder scanned by ClamAV

* clamOffice - an extension to Microsoft Word to use ClamAV to scan for
viruses when a document is opened

* clamAVaddin - an extension to Microsoft Office to use ClamAV to scan
for viruses when an email is received.

Given that I'm aware that people use the above tools, I've uploaded the
code to https://sourceforge.net/projects/clamav-power/. The sources are
available under SVN, at
https://clamav-power.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/clamav-power/.

-Nigel

Re: ClamAV Power Tools [ In reply to ]
Nigel,

Thank you for all the work you have put in in the past.

M^3

Re: ClamAV Power Tools [ In reply to ]
Yes I agree thanks very much for your efforts over the years Nigel.
One little thing, just where do you download these power tools from as I
need to put them on another server and have no record of where I got the
last lot from.

Cheers and all the best

Nigel Packer

Re: ClamAV Power Tools [ In reply to ]
Nigel Packer wrote:
> Yes I agree thanks very much for your efforts over the years Nigel.
> One little thing, just where do you download these power tools from as I
> need to put them on another server and have no record of where I got the
> last lot from.

You can get the sources from the sourceforge project's SVN area. I am
yet to upload binaries, but it is on my list of things to do.

-Nigel
Re: ClamAV Power Tools [ In reply to ]
> * clamAVaddin - an extension to Microsoft Office to use ClamAV to scan
> for viruses when an email is received.

That should have read Microsoft Outlook, not Microsoft Office.

Sorry,

-Nigel

--
Nigel Horne, nigel.horne@sourcefire.com
Director of Product Management (ClamAV), Sourcefire,

ClamAV is a registered trademark of Sourcefire Inc.
Re: ClamAV Power Tools [ In reply to ]
As requested I've uploaded binaries to
https://sourceforge.net/projects/clamav-power/

I urge you all to use the source rather than the binaries, if you have
the compiler (MSVC2005 or greater) and feel comfortable doing so. Thanks!

If you have any comments please contact me privately since
the ClamAV Power Tools are off topic for this list. Better still,
I've created a mailing list for the tools which you can subscribe to
from the above web site.

-Nigel
Re: ClamAV Power Tools [SEC=UNOFFICIAL] [ In reply to ]
UNOFFICIAL
Thanks for the link Nigel and thanks for providing support for Clamav
for windows. I've noticed that you have set up bulletin boards and
forum for clamav windows will you be moderating these?

Cheers Alan

Re: ClamAV Power Tools [SEC=UNOFFICIAL] [ In reply to ]
Alan Langley wrote:
> UNOFFICIAL
> Thanks for the link Nigel and thanks for providing support for Clamav
> for windows. I've noticed that you have set up bulletin boards and
> forum for clamav windows will you be moderating these?

Alan,

Thanks for your email. I have not set up any support
forums for ClamAV on Windows, only for the Power Tools. This emailing
list remains the place to discuss development issues for ClamAV on
Windows, and the clamav-users mailing list remains the place to discuss
all issues as a user. To avoid any doubt, the Power Tools are not, and
never have been, a part of ClamAV.

-Nigel
Re: ClamAV build source [ In reply to ]
Nigel,

If one wanted to build a clean win32 port ( Not for PowerTools.) Just a
clean win32 port that registers as having a current engine; then which
source is the recommended package?

Thanks.

Re: ClamAV build source [ In reply to ]
Andrew,

> If one wanted to build a clean win32 port ( Not for PowerTools.) Just a
> clean win32 port that registers as having a current engine; then which
> source is the recommended package?

There is no "recommended" package. Sorry.

> Thanks.

-Nigel