Mailing List Archive

libclamav.dll & VB6
Hi,

I've created a little program in VB6 for file scanner using the ClamD TCP/IP
daemon on 3310 port.

My questions are:

1 - It's possible to use libclamav.dll in a VB6 App?
2 - If is possible, how to declare and use the libclamav.dll in a .bas
module?
3 - There are a small samples code for this?

I would something like this:

Declare Function cl_scanfile Lib "libclamav.dll" ....

I've found the clamav.h file, but I've not experience in C++ and C++ code
convertion in VB6.

Thanks.... for all

A. Di Nardo

Re: libclamav.dll & VB6 [ In reply to ]
Aniello Di Nardo wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I've created a little program in VB6 for file scanner using the ClamD TCP/IP
> daemon on 3310 port.
>

> My questions are:
>

> 1 - It's possible to use libclamav.dll in a VB6 App?
>
> 2 - If is possible, how to declare and use the libclamav.dll in a .bas
> module?
>
> 3 - There are a small samples code for this?

No. libclamav.dll uses __cdecl. VB can only call stdcall dlls. You would
need at least a proxying dll.
The datatypes would probably be hard to mimic. many structures. Although
perhaps the proxying dll
could allocate it. Which functions did you want to use?

Re: libclamav.dll & VB6 [ In reply to ]
Aniello Di Nardo wrote:

> I've found the clamav.h file, but I've not experience in C++ and C++ code
> convertion in VB6.

You need to be aware that ClamAV is written in C not in C++.

> A. Di Nardo

-Nigel