Any help, sugestions?

Best regard's

Matej
Re: New version 0.94 [ In reply to ]
Matej, I had this same problem in the past. Usually it was because I
had not un-installed PowerTools and then re-installed it after
installing clamav. The second time I had the problem was because I
installed ClamAV in a folder other than c:\program files\clamav, which
is where PowerTools will expect it.

I'm currently running TBB's native version of ClamAV 0.94 for WinNT
Kernel (http://hideout.ath.cx/clamav/). I simply downloaded the 0.94 zip
file, extracted to my download folder and then placed the programs, but
not the config files, in my clamav folder. Since my config files are
already setup for paths and other options, and 0.94 doesn't have any
new variables, I didn't need the included config files which use a path
of c:\clamav. I did NOT "install" 0.94, but simply updated to the
latest files. So I didn't have to re-install PowerTools and get the
service to start again. If 0.93 installed as you wanted with
PowerTools (I'm assuming the path is c:\progra~1\clamav), then try
re-installing 0.93 and PowerTools, then simply download 0.94 and copy
the program (but not the config files) to your clamav folder replacing
the June dated programs with the September dated programs. After that
restart your Windows computer and all should be OK. Otherwise look at
the config files in your \clamav folder and verify the paths are
correct in the config files. When I emailed Nigel he indicated that
PowerTools must be installed in c:\progra~1\clamav folder or ClamAv
service won't start.

The only other option is to check you registry for ClamAV service. You
do this by opening your computer services and then right clicking on
ClamAV properties. Look at where the service is expecting to find the
clamdservice program. If it is incorrect, make a system restore point,
then edit the registry with regedit and correct the clamav imagepath
in HKLM\system\currentcontrolset\services\clamantivirus so it
identifies where your clamdservice.exe file is located on your
harddrive.

Let me know if this helps. Brian A
IN GOD WE TRUST

Re: New version 0.94 [ In reply to ]
Brian,

I tried your suggestion and could not get it to work. I too am stuck on
Nigel's version because I cannot get any other port to run as a service.

I downloaded the zip file from TBB's site, unzipped and copied all files
(except the config files) to 'c:\progra~1\clamav' and rebooted.

Any suggestions? Did you just copy and paste all of the files (except config
files) from the zip file or just certain ones?

Kindest regards,

Jeff

Re: New version 0.94 [ In reply to ]
Hi Jeff and Brian,

the tool Matej mentioned (ServiceEx from http://serviceex.com/) works
well. As I have already told Matej off-list, the cmd window he was
complaining about can be disabled by changing the "desktop = true"
setting in the .ini file which has to be created for each ServiceEx
service to "desktop = false". Another option would be NTWrapper from
http://www.duodata.de/ntwrapper/ which has a GUI. The free 'lite'
version allows one service. Matej confirmed that both solutions work
well with ClamD.

Best regards,

Nico

A: Why is putting a reply at the top of the message frowned upon?
Re: New version 0.94 [ In reply to ]
Hello.
Tnx everybody for replaying. Nico solved my problem with NTWrapper. It's
tool that saved my problem running clamd as service. It also saved my
problem to run clamd as high priority service. Everything is working great
and fast. I'll install new ClamAV next week on other server's.

Brian - I haven't had any problems with this version. I haven't had any
problems with ports and running programs, i just had a problem with
services.
I try too keep up with new versions, so everytime when new version appear i
uninstall Powerrtols, becouse powertools are ''i think'' working only with
Nigel's version of ClamdAV.

I have also tried SOSDG Clamav which was working fine foe me, but there was
some problems with services...

Time will tell me how this version is and in this point off view everything
is working fine and fast, tnx to NICO and stuff.

best Regard's

Matej

Re: New version 0.94 [ In reply to ]
Nico, thanks for the information. I was just writing a reply to Jeff on
how I would go about setting up the installation. I'm using chp.exe and
some shortcuts in my startup folder to initiate freshclam and clamd, but
I'll have to try your suggestion.

However I noticed a potential issue with 0.94. I have freshclam
logging turned on. If I check the log, I see that for some reason
freshclam is sending me the following:

WARNING: Clamd was NOT notified: Can't find or parse configuration file
C:\Program Files\clamAV\conf\clamd.conf

Since my clamd.conf is in the c:\progra~1\clamav folder and I have the
freshclam.conf file pointing to
"NotifyClamd c:\progra~1\clamav\clamd.conf", then I'm
wondering if this is a coding issue in the NotifyClamD subroutine
comand of freshclam? I can't find any other reference in clamd.conf or
in my shortcuts? Nor do I find a registry entry for any WinNT routines
that would generate this warning.

TBB: Could you check the freshclam.exe coding or suggest to me a
different config file or spot to check for this warning?
Is there a hard coded reference in freshclam that is pointing
to a path? Impact to clamav is that updates are getting to be 24 hours,
or the next reboot, old.

Thanks, Brian A
IN GOD WE TRUST

Re: New version 0.94 [ In reply to ]
Jeff, I know it has been awhile. Have you gotten the TBB version and
Power Tools to work for you yet? I'll try to help in any way that I
can and in a little more timely manner. Sorry. Brian A In GOD WE TRUST

Re: New version 0.94 [ In reply to ]
Brian,

Thank you for your kind offer to help. I was not able to get it to work so I
reinstalled Nigel's last release. Could not figure out for the life of me
why it would not work.

I tried Power Tools and NTWrapper. I tried it with the default
paths/directories and changed the paths/directories to match Nigel's
release. I even added the directories to the system path.

I have an upload script and an email server that uses clamAV. I would love
to update, but I could not figure it out.

I'll try it again in a couple of days and let you know where I'm at with it.

Thanks again,

Jeff