Mailing List Archive

Clamd error or am I doing something stupid ?
Hi there

Just subscribed - Looked through archives but can't find anything on this. I am probably doing something stupid.

Trying out Clamav on Windows for the first time due to McAfee rejecting clean mails. Only just installed today. Machine is Win2000Pro running Merak Mail Server

Clamd does not seem to be running as a service. When I try running Clamd in a DOS window I get the following:

C:\Program Files\clamAV>clamd
clamd daemon 0.92.1 (OS: windows, ARCH: i386, CPU: i686)
Log file size limited to 1048576 bytes.
Reading databases from C:\Program Files\clamAV\data
Not loading PUA signatures.
LibClamAV Warning: ***********************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: *** This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated. ***
LibClamAV Warning: *** DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq ***
LibClamAV Warning: ***********************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: ***********************************************************
LibClamAV Warning: *** This version of the ClamAV engine is outdated. ***
LibClamAV Warning: *** DON'T PANIC! Read http://www.clamav.net/support/faq ***
LibClamAV Warning: ***********************************************************
LibClamAV Error: Can't load C:\Program Files\clamAV\data/main.cvd: MD5 verification error
ERROR: MD5 verification error

I notice that the slash before "main.cvd" is a / and not a \ - Is this a bug or red herring ?

If I run Clamscan, it seems to work fine so I don't think the definition file is corrupt.

If I run Clamdscan I get a "cannot connect" message. I would assume this is because the daemon can't start properly ?

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Phil

Website Hosting from only £5.00 per month.
www.medwayhosting.com - +44 (0)1634 856965
Re: Clamd error or am I doing something stupid ? [ In reply to ]