page there is only 0.92.1 version.

Tnx,

Matej
Re: New version for win. [ In reply to ]
Nigel seems to have gotten busy with other work and no one has picked up
and helped get new versions out. I've switched back to the SOSDG build
of ClamAV since at the moment it's more stable and recent than this
build. It uses a cygwin compatibility layer and may not integrate with
all the tools you use. It works fine for me just by adjusting the paths
to the executables. Anyway, you can get it here:
http://www.sosdg.org/clamav-win32 if you're interested.

Bret

Re: New version for win. [ In reply to ]
Hello.

Tnx for this. I have tried it out. i haven't tried it out on my mail server.
I'll do it tommorow. another thing is this log which is making me conserned:

WARNING: Current functionality level = 29, recommended = 31
How can i reach functionality level 31. On my version 0.92.1 there is
functionality level 26.

Regard's

Matej

Re: New version for win. [ In reply to ]
Yes, that just started yesterday. It requires that they rebuild it with
the new code, and Windows versions always lag behind a little bit. I
expect they'll have a new version out within a week or so.

Bret

Re: New version for win. [ In reply to ]
Bret, have you spoken to Thomaz or anyone on the development team that
might help with a native version for Windows now that Nigel has moved
on? If I'm reading the threads correctly there are a number of us who
would like a native windows version that is turned around shortly.
THANK YOU to Nigel for building and supplying one for such a long time!
I know that core team is focused on the native app, but isnt' there a
porting team also? Was Nigel the sole person on the Windows porting
team? Can I assist in any way to help with porting? I have Service for
Unix on my Windows XP Pro already and if I could have some coaching on
doing a build and test process I'd be willing to help. Thanks, Brian A

Re: New version for win. [ In reply to ]
I have no experience with porting *nix code to Windows, though if I had
the time, I'd try. But, like Nigel, I've gotten busier with my real job
and don't have much time to play with any more.

Bret

Re: New version for win. [ In reply to ]
Bret Miller wrote:
> I have no experience with porting *nix code to Windows, though if I had
> the time, I'd try. But, like Nigel, I've gotten busier with my real job
> and don't have much time to play with any more.
>
> Bret

Well, i have tried it and it's quite easy. The code is already prepared
to run on Windows, you
need to create Makefiles in a sensible way and few more. The problem i
faced was that there're
too many targets to do... and i had few time to play with it. :)