Mailing List Archive

Error updating daily.cvd
Hello all,

With the option ScriptedUpdates set to no, I've got error when running freshclam.
Here's the full output:

ClamAV update process started at Fri Feb 22 13:24:09 2008
SECURITY WARNING: NO SUPPORT FOR DIGITAL SIGNATURES
See the FAQ at http://www.clamav.net/support/faq for an explanation.
Reading CVD header (main.cvd): OK (IMS)
main.cvd is up to date (version: 45, sigs: 169676, f-level: 21, builder: sven)
Reading CVD header (daily.cvd): OK
Downloading daily.cvd [100%]
ERROR: Can't rename C:\Program Files\clamAV\data\clamav-be1de2741426aab1dda321d3835dc335 to daily.cvd

Looks like freshclam doesn't delete the old daily.cvd. So rename process will return error.
When I deleted the daily.cvd and run freshclam, the error is not produced.
Is it a bug? Or is the correct procedure is to delete daily.cvd before running freshclam?

Thanks.

Yosua

Re: Error updating daily.cvd [ In reply to ]
Hello.

Just delete everything in data folder and try for one more time.

regard's

Re: Error updating daily.cvd [ In reply to ]
Yosua Nugroho wrote:
> Looks like freshclam doesn't delete the old daily.cvd. So rename process will return error.
> When I deleted the daily.cvd and run freshclam, the error is not produced.
> Is it a bug? Or is the correct procedure is to delete daily.cvd before running freshclam?

i had the same problem. i went back to the previous version and
everything works as expected. i assume it's a bug.

Re: Error updating daily.cvd [ In reply to ]
This is a bug. I see it fixed in 0.92.1 version.