Mailing List Archive

clamav milter auto ip address update
I recently had an issue where mail was temporarily rejected because clamav-milter/spamass-milter could not connect to clamd/spamd. Clamd/Spamd are a tasks that can automatically change hosts and thus their ips. A simple restart of the milter fixes this (resolves the new ip).

However, it would be nice if something could be added to the milter code that, if it can't contact clamd, it tries to re-resolve the ip address automatically.

ps. as you can deduct from the text I am not a 100% sure which milter caused this actually.

pps. even nicer would be, the ability to use srv records and use dynamic ports.