Mailing List Archive

Off Line Signature updates.
Hi CLAMAV,

We only operate an air gapped system but still require anti-malware.

Do you provide any options (free or paid) that would enable us to download signature updates without the use of private local mirrors running cdvupdate or freshclam?

Many thanks
Andy

NATS Internal

If you are not the intended recipient, please notify our Help Desk at Email information.solutions@nats.co.uk
immediately. You should not copy or use this email or attachment(s) for any purpose nor disclose
their contents to any other person.

NATS computer systems may be monitored and communications carried on them recorded, to
secure the effective operation of the system.

Please note that neither NATS nor the sender accepts any responsibility for viruses or any losses
caused as a result of viruses and it is your responsibility to scan or otherwise check this email
and any attachments.

NATS means NATS (En Route) plc (company number: 4129273), NATS (Services) Ltd
(company number 4129270), NATSNAV Ltd (company number: 4164590)
or NATS Ltd (company number 3155567) or NATS Holdings Ltd (company number 4138218).
All companies are registered in England and their registered office is at 4000 Parkway,
Whiteley, Fareham, Hampshire, PO15 7FL.

Re: Off Line Signature updates. [ In reply to ]
Andy,

You can download them on a standalone machine and move them over via thumb drive.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Off Line Signature updates. [ In reply to ]
Thanks Joel,

It seems like it is no longer possible to download the signatures directly. If they can be, could you provide the link please?
The CLAMAV web site now states:
FreshClam should perform these updates automatically. Instructions for setting up FreshClam can be found in the documentation<https://docs.clamav.net/> section.
If your network is segmented or the end hosts are unable to reach the internet, you should investigate setting up a private local mirror<https://docs.clamav.net/appendix/CvdPrivateMirror.html> using the cvdupdate tool.

Kind Regards
Andy

NATS Internal
CAUTION: This email originated from outside of the organisation. Do not click links or open attachments unless you recognise the sender and know the content is safe.

________________________________

https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation<https://github.com/Cisco-Talos/clamav-documentation>

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Off Line Signature updates. [ In reply to ]
Hi Andy,

https://packages.microsoft.com/clamav/

--
Cordialement / Best regards,

Arnaud Jacques
Gérant de SecuriteInfo.com

Téléphone : +33-(0)3.60.47.09.81
E-mail : aj@securiteinfo.com
Site web : https://www.securiteinfo.com
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/pages/SecuriteInfocom/132872523492286
Twitter : @SecuriteInfoCom
Writing signatures for ClamAV antivirus since 2006

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: Off Line Signature updates. [ In reply to ]
You should use one of these tools to download the packages and keep them up to date.

— Sent from my iPhone

?

FreshClam should perform these updates automatically. Instructions for setting up FreshClam can be found in the https://docs.clamav.net/"]documentation section.
If your network is segmented or the end hosts are unable to reach the internet, you should investigate setting up a https://docs.clamav.net/appendix/CvdPrivateMirror.html"]private local mirror using the cvdupdate tool.