Mailing List Archive

basic question: clamscan
hi there,

basic question: with clamscan is it better to work with --include-dir or with --exclude-dir? My clamscan scans my whole PC extremely slow
or shoud i set the process priority high?

kind regards
Marc

Re: basic question: clamscan [ In reply to ]
On 30.01.23 11:14, newcomer01 via clamav-users wrote:
>basic question: with clamscan is it better to work with --include-dir or
>with --exclude-dir?

generally I recommend only include directories you need to scan and
optionally exclude their subdirectories that don't need to be scanned.

you should avoid scanning everything, because there are many files you
should not scan, especially on UN*X systems there are filesystemd like /dev
/proc /sys etc.

so, scanning /home should be safe. You may want to exclude e.g.
/home/backups if you put backups there

> My clamscan scans my whole PC extremely slow or shoud
>i set the process priority high?

priority won't help. You need at least 2GB of RAM and enough of time.
BSE = Mad Cow Desease ... BSA = Mad Software Producents Desease