We are trying to use the clamdscan command with a scripts that sends us the
results of the scan via mail, problem is, whenever we try to use the script
we get the errors that you can see in the picture i attached.
The command used is this one : clamdscan --fdpass -v "$S" >> "$LOGFILE";
(the $ is the file system we are using)
Is this kind of error normal? Is there any parameters that we can add to
fix this issue?

--
Re: Errors after using clamdscan [ In reply to ]
On 12.01.23 18:34, Antonio Galdieri via clamav-users wrote:
>We are trying to use the clamdscan command with a scripts that sends us the
>results of the scan via mail, problem is, whenever we try to use the script
>we get the errors that you can see in the picture i attached.

So, you get error in textual form and do a screenshot?
even if the errors are in e-mail you could copy and paste from?

>Is this kind of error normal? Is there any parameters that we can add to
>fix this issue?

you should NOT scan /sys filesystem. It's special filesystem, it's not to be
scanned via clamav or other AV.

Re: Errors after using clamdscan [ In reply to ]
> On Jan 12, 2023, at 11:19, Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
>
> ?On 12.01.23 18:34, Antonio Galdieri via clamav-users wrote:
>> We are trying to use the clamdscan command with a scripts that sends us the
>> results of the scan via mail, problem is, whenever we try to use the script
>> we get the errors that you can see in the picture i attached.
>
> So, you get error in textual form and do a screenshot?
> even if the errors are in e-mail you could copy and paste from?

Here you go:

/sys/fs/xfs/dm-5/error/metadata/EIO/max retries: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-5/error/metadata/EIO/retry timeout seconds: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-5/error/metadata/ENOSPC/max retries: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-5/error/metadata/ENOSPC/retry timeout seconds: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-5/error/metadata/ENODEV/max retries: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-5/error/metadata/ENODEV/retry timeout seconds: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-5/log/log head Isn: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-5/10g/log tail Isn: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-5/log/reserve grant head: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-5/log/write grant head: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dn-2/stats/stats: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/stats/stats clear: Failed to open file /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/error/fail at unmount: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/error/metadata/default/max retries: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/error/metadata/default/retry timeout seconds: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/error/metadata/EIO/max retries: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/error/metadata/EIO/retry timeout seconds: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/error/metadata/ENOSPC/max retries: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/error/metadata/ENOSPC/retry timeout seconds: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/error/metadata/ENODEV/max retries: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/error/metadata/ENODEV/retry timeout seconds: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/10g/log head Isn: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/log/log tail lsn: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/log/reserve _grant head: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-2/log/write grant head: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/stats/stats: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/stats/stats clear: Failed to open file /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/error/fail at unmount: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/error/metadata/default/max retries: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/error/metadata/default/retry timeout seconds: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/error/metadata/EIO/max retries: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/error/metadata/EIO/retry timeout seconds: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/error/metadata/ENOSPC/max retries: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/error/metadata/ENOSPC/retry timeout seconds: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/error/metadata/ENODEV/max retries: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/error/metadata/ENODEV/retry timeout seconds: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/log/log head Isn: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/10g/log tail Isn: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/log/reserve grant head: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/xfs/dm-4/log/write grant head: Can't read file ERROR /sys/fs/nfs/net/nfs client/identifier:
Can't read file ERROR
Re: Errors after using clamdscan [ In reply to ]

On 12.01.23 11:22, Joel Esler via clamav-users wrote:
>Here you go:
>
>/sys/fs/xfs/dm-5/error/metadata/EIO/max retries: Can't read file ERROR

I have answered further in the mail - /sys is not filesystem that should be
scanned.

special filesystems like /proc /sys /dev should not be scanned, errors are
the least problem that can happem.

I was just wondering why would someone post a picture of text file...

Re: Errors after using clamdscan [ In reply to ]
Hi Matus,
Sorry for sending the image of the errors, in my naivety I was convinced it
could help, then after sending it I realized that it had no use, I
apologize for the mistake, from the next mails if there will be need I will
also attach the text of errors or similar so as to facilitate you to
understand them.
I just wanted to thank you for your patience and for your help, so thanks!