Mailing List Archive

CDV file?
I have a NAS that uses Clamav as it’s antivirus software. I wanted to make sure that it is updated. It says it needs a *.cvd files, but I cannot find that. I have downloaded the zip file for windows 64 at clamav.net, but nothing with that extension is located there. Please help. Thank you.

Sent from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986"]Mail for Windows
Re: CDV file? [ In reply to ]
.cvd files are the libraries which comes with starting freshclam update service directly from clamav.net cdn.

An / To: Newcomer01 <mailto:newcomer01@posteo.de>
CC / CC: Armando P <mailto:ap19063@gmail.com>
Gesendet / Sent: Donnerstag, Dezember 15, 2022 um 02:18 (at 02:18 AM) +0100
Betreff / Subject: [clamav-users] CDV file?

Re: CDV file? [ In reply to ]
I'm sorry, I'm not Knowledgeable enough to know what that means. I just
need to know where I can find the latest cvd file, so I can update the
anti-virus software. Unfortunately, unlike the one installed in windows, it
doesn't update automatic.

Armando P

Re: CDV file? [ In reply to ]
If it's an old version of CLAMAV, you could be locked out of
downloading.  The only authorized method of downloading the CVD files is
through the use of freshclam<period>.  If you have a windows machine
that can get the downloads, then you can try to move those files over to
the NAS or setup the windows machine has a host locallly for downloading
these files from it.  The docs are your friend.

It's also been mentioned here lots of times that older NAS's may not be
able to run the latest clamav and the needed CVD files due to lack of
ram in the NAS and/or the manufacturer has abandoned updates to the
firmware in your NAS.

Lyle Giese

Re: CDV file? [ In reply to ]
That would make sense since it's the free anti-virus software provided. The
other choices require a license. Thanks for the help.

Armando P

On Wed, Dec 14, 2022, 22:04 Lyle Giese via clamav-users <

Re: CDV file? [ In reply to ]
On 14.12.22 20:18, Armando P via clamav-users wrote:
> I have a NAS that uses Clamav as it’s antivirus software. I wanted to make
> sure that it is updated. It says it needs a *.cvd files, but I cannot find
> that. I have downloaded the zip file for windows 64 at clamav.net, but
> nothing with that extension is located there. Please help. Thank you.

whch type of NAS is it?